Courtyard Boise Downtown
  • Pool
Hotel 43(Boise)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswhole foodsfire pitcarl's jrchick filgreat courtyardtypical courtyardcourtyard marriottminute walkparking lotlobby restaurantstarbucks coffeesliding glass doornice hotelsmall fridgethe sofa bedstate capitolconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Friendly staff, clean and well-maintained property with the usual amenities associated with this chain. It's conveniently located to businesses. I would not hesitate to stay there on my next business trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice Friendly Staff. Comfy Beds. And yes, we could walk to the BSU game!

We loved the firepit in the courtyard, and the fact that it was burning even for my early morning coffee and book time! The common areas of the hotel were nice, clean, comfortable, and set up really well for our small group to get-together. Note to other travellers; There is free coffee over by the computer stations, so you don't have to go pay for it at the cafe!

And you know I love good pillows!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booked this hotel because it was reasonably priced and it was in a convenient location. That's the ONLY positive thing about this hotel. I'll start with the overall appearance of the hotel. The hotel and the rooms are very dated. It has a very "dreary" rundown appearance and feel to it the minute you pull up. Inside, it doesn't get any better. The elevator is almost scary. It is so old ( fake wood paneling, old carpet, dingy smell ) and I felt like I was entering a dark cave. When I got to my room, my keys weren't working and their "house phone" was broken so I had to haul my luggage back in the elevator and back to the front desk (they don't have valet or bell captains) to get another key. When I finally entered my room, I felt like I was sitting in a room that was straight out of The Brady Bunch. NOTHING had been updated since the 70's , or so it seemed. The "drapes" were dirty, dusty and dingy. The air conditioning unit reminded me of a swamp cooler: it was built into the wall and had to be controlled manually. This was a big problem because it only cooled one area of the room!! I'm the type of person who likes my room to be COLD- just my personal preference. The "swamp cooler" did not cool the entire room the way a "normal" air conditioning does, not to mention the fact that several times during the night, the unit's motor would rumble off an on and wake me up!! The bed was horrible. I was exhausted from traveling and when I lied down, I felt like I literally bounced!! So much for a comfortable mattress!!! The pillows were also old and worn out. I ended up asking for 3 extras because I needed to bunch them all together to make it somewhat comfortable. The decor is just "sad". I really didn't know that hotels still have "bedspreads". (I don't want to think about what was on it). Now on to the bathroom. The vanity area was fine. It looked like they updated it by remodeling that area with a faux granite counter top. It was certainly not beautiful but it was clean. The bathtub was very old and there were 2 LONG BLACK hairs in it...yuck!!! Also, the drain seemed to be clogged. So, I think you get the picture. It was not a comfortable room at all.
Now on to the service. The woman who checked us in was very nice and helpful and so was another younger man who helped me when TWICE in 1 day my keys locked me out of the room. Over the course of 3 days, I was locked out of my room 4 different times. In fact, one time I was locked out, I went to the front desk and was told "Oh, we checked you out!" HUH??SO irritating!!!
The second day I was there, I did not get housekeeping services. I specifically remember having my "Do not disturb" sign on the door until 11:00am, at which time I removed it when I left the room. The person I was traveling with did get housekeeping BUT, you should have seen the way they made her bed! A 4 year old could have done a better job. The day of check out, housekeeping DID come but they came at 7:30 am!!!!! I didn't appreciate being woken up to pounding on my door and someone shouting "HOUSEKEEPING!!!" I had already had a terrible nights sleep anyway because of the horrible bed, the swamp cooler and the fact that my room was located right on a busy street where I could hear traffic all night long.
So, the day of check out, I asked for the manager. He was not yet in so I left a message for him to call me when he got in because I wanted him to know how unhappy I was with my entire stay. Well, he never called me when he arrived because we were having coffee with family in the lobby before we left town and I saw arrive and stand behind the front desk for 30 minutes He never called me. So, I went up to talk to him and that's when things got even worse (if that was even possible). He wanted to argue with everything I said! When I told him about the lack of housekeeping, he said "That's because you had a sign on your door all day long" I told him that I REMOVED the sign on my way out and he said "That's impossible." How does HE know??? So basically he was calling me a liar. When I told him that I was locked out of my room 4 times AND even "checked out" he told me it was "my fault" because I must have given them "the wrong check out date." Again, HUH? How does HE KNOW? How DARE him accuse ME of being incompetent? I think I know my own schedule!! This manager, Wayde Oldenburg, was the most RUDE manager I have ever dealt with. He had no regard for for anything I said or anything I went through. He was full of excuses, blame and frankly, he could have cared less about me. I travel quite a bit and I have never experienced such horrible service. The final blow came when he finally agreed to "compensate me" by reversing my "breakfast bill, which was $19.45 however, I NEVER ONCE ORDERED BREAKFAST!!!! So, this guy was reversing a charge that was never suppose to be there in the first place!!!! So, I would strongly advise anyone who is headed to Boise to NOT stay here. I certainly wasn't expecting the Four Seasons but I certainly wasn't expecting Motel 6, which in hindsight probably would have been better!!!

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, which I highly advise against, make sure your room is NOT facing the busy street. The windows are poor quality and you will hear traffic all night long.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
BoiseCY, General Manager at Courtyard Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We would greatly value the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your specific comments and observations if you could contact the General Manager at 208-331-2700. We have strived to provide a comfortable and welcoming stay for all of our guests since 1996, through regularly scheduled renovations and continual training in job specifics and service. Please accept our sincere apologies that you were not provided a comfortable and welcoming stay, and our assurances that we utilize your feedback for improvement.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed for a week on a business trip. Staff was helpful in helping me find new places to eat. The hotel is across the street from a Whole Foods and surronded by small restaurants within walking distance. I walked to downtown which took about 15 minutes. Beautiful walk through the older neighborhoods. This is always my first choice when going to Boise.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice hotel well located for the football games. the beds were nice the service friendly. The only thing I can complain about was no phone on the desk...it was next to the bed. It is close to several places including an upscale grocery store across the street and several restaurants in walking distance.
I like the place and would recommend it for any type of visit.

If you like this please mark it so.
thanks Berny

Room Tip: stay away from the ice machine...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business