“Great Accommodation in Boise”

SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Bengaluru, India
“Great Accommodation in Boise”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Indeed one of the best accommodation you can get in Boise. Super spacious rooms, have to say again, VERY Spacious rooms with breakfast complimentary. If you have work in HP, this hotel is just stone-throw-away distance from HP Boise facility.

Room Tip: Just anyroom
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Not updated like many other SH Suites. Welcome to the 1990s. Messed up our reservation. I asked for room on 1 st floor thinking it would be closer but should've brought my Sherpa. I can only say it's clean and safe. I have to get to 200 characters....

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Didi C
shsboigm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review for the SpringHill Suites. I want to apologize to you for not offering a room close to the lobby as you requested. I appreciate your comments on how clean our hotel is, and yes we are in a very safe area of Boise. As far as our age, I have some great news! We will begin a full renovation this November. When you travel to Boise again, I hope you will consider our hotel and see what new things we have to offer.

Thanks again,

Lisa Vincent
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My stay thus far at the referenced hotel is not what I've come to expect from a Marriott property. I'm in Boise for business and stay at this propoerty because it is conveniently located near my office. I do however pay a premium to stay at this location, as there are comparable hotels within minutes that charge much less per night. Upon check in on Sunday night 8/3/14 the desk attendent was slow and unkowledgable about the check in process. It took well over 25 minutes to get me checked in once he first greeted me. This is understandable as he had a training badge on, but I'm not sure who was training him as every time he came to a hurdle in the computer system he had to work through it himself because there was no one there to help him. He was, however, courteous and helpful and even comped part of the food I purchased from the convenience store because he could not figure out how to ring it up.

It is a good thing I was given a room with two queen beds even though I'm staying by myself because half way through the night the bed sheets came off the bed and I had to change beds. It appears as if the bed sheets on one of the beds doesn't fit the matress so it immediately starts to pull of the bed as soon as I get in it.

Tonight when I got back to my room I noticed that no housekeeping was done. I called down to the front desk to inquire why nothing had been done. When I asked about it, the individual told me that there was no housekeeping staff onsite at the time and so she offered to bring me some towels. I told her that as I am staying by myself I have plenty of towels, what I am lacking is the grabage emptied, the beds made, the floors vaccummed, and the general tidying up of the place. These are all services that I beleive I am paying for in my daily rate. She said that there was nothing else she could do. I asked her if there was a discount rate or complimented room that she could provide me because I had not recieved the services I was paying for. She laughed at me for even asking and told me no. She then offered me the same towels that I told her I did not need. I informed her that I was not satisfied and that I expected a discounted room or for her to send someone up to do the housekeeping I paid for. She then got noticeably bothered and told me that she would look into it and call me back. She then hung up.

Several minutes later I got a phone call from another employee asking if there was an issue he could help me resolve. I told him that I needed to have the housekeeping done in my room. He again offered to bring me towels. I told him that towels would not resolve my issues. He told me there was nothing else he could except leave a note for a manager that might get back with me.

I'm very frustrated and surprised that at such a busy property there is no one onsite who can first arrange housekeeping and second resolve issues for guests.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the SpringHill Suites Boise Parkcenter. I am sorry to hear that we did not provide the service that you have come to expect from Marriott Hotels. I have shared your comments with housekeeping and the front office staff. Our goal is to provide exceptional product and service to our guests each and every time, however once in a while we fall short.

I appreciate your comments as we will use this situation to learn and to better serve our guests in the future.

Lisa Vincent
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel is about 10 mins. drive away from downtown close to business parks which explains the rate for a weekend. Check-in was easy and we didn't get the worst location (near the elevators or lobby) which is what I expect when booking through online travel sites. Staff was extremely courteous and friendly.

This is a big property and the walk to your room can be long even though they have two elevator banks.

The suites are spacious with a big sitting room. There's a fridge and microwave as well as a big work desk. The queen bed was comfortable and we got a good night's rest. My only complaint is that the bathroom is tiny. Considering the size of the suite, I think they could have taken some room and made the bathroom bigger.

The rate includes a pretty good breakfast - eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, a variety of baked goods, yogurt.... you get the picture.

All in all, a great place to stay for one night or a few.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bountiful, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The property was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was good and a very large area for eating so it was easy to find a seat.

The beds were comfortable, linens good quality. The room was large and the pull out sofa was great for letting the kids have their own beds.

The pool was small and right out front by the parking lot. You have to go through the exercise room to get to the pool and bathrooms which would bother me if I was exersizing and had all those people come in and out.

Not a great location for walking to places. There is really only a pizza place next door or there is an Applebees down a couple of blocks.

The greenbelt walk is fantastic! It is just out the back corner of the hotel and goes along the river. A lot of it is paved. There are benches along the path.

The hotel is huge. Lots and Lots of rooms. It was very warm in the entire hotel, but we stayed in the middle of July.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here during a 5-day vacation to the SW Idaho region. We just needed a place to sleep, shower, and have some breakfast between our jaunts out and about. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. We didn't really use the kitchen area, except the fridge for leftovers. The location is off the beaten path and quiet, which we liked. Just a couple blocks from a Whole Foods. There is a nice river-side trail just a few hundred feet away.

The only con, and it's fairly minor, is they have no in-room safes. It seemed like a safe area, so this wasn't a major concern. But we had laptops with us, and just hid them in the room during the day

Room Tip: The windows in our room faced a wall. That helped keep it quiet, but I recommend a room in the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Richland, Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Property is showing its "age" .... needs a renovation

Also, you feel like a mouse in a "maze" trying to find the cheese (your room)

Benefit: walking distance to Barbacoa Restaurant ... a fantastic dining experience

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
shsboigm, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am excited to let you know we will be beginning a full renovation of our property starting in November this year. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Barbacoa and hope we will get a chance to show you our newly renovated property in the future.