SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter
    • Breakfast included
    • Pool
    Hotel 43(Boise)
    • Restaurant
    All reviewspark centertiny bathroomred robinwafflesshuttle servicesuite stylehotel shuttlelaundry roomkitchen areapotatoesnice hotelmini fridgebike rentalsbuffet breakfastrooms are quiethot itemswould stay here again
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here last 2 years ago as a layover for a Main Salmon River rafting trip. Our military rate was $77 that included breakfast and free WiFi; can't beat that.

Not far from center city; has a shuttle service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
    Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

A bit off the path if your just passing through, but it was close the river for rafting options, close to the City Center, clean and comfortable. A close restaurant, Barbacoa, is upscale and a bit pricey, but the food was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013
    Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a older property yet it is very well maintained considering the use it seems to have. I have stayed at this property five times in the last eighteen months. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are always clean, and fresh. Daily housekeeping is through and non invasive, the breakfast buff. is presented well with a good variety. Weekly managers happy hour is a treat. Even when near 100% occupancy, (including when sports teams are using the property), the rooms are quiet, and staff sees that no inconvenience occurs to business guest.

My most recent stay was in Mid June while traveling to Oregon. When I arrived I was greeted as an honored guest, I was offered assistance to my room since I arrived with a headache. The attendant refused a gratuity for helping me. In the morning I still hadn't recovered from the previous evenings headache. After eating a small breakfast, I ask the front desk if it would be a problem is I wasn't ready to check out. The manager on duty told me 'no problem'. I didn't check out till 2 pm after sleeping for several more hours. The staff made sure I was feeling ok before I departed by automobile to my next destination. The assistant manager asked if I didn't want to stay another evening.

I appreciated the treatment I have always received from the staff at this property.

Room Tip: The back rooms overlook the Boise River.
    • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed June 19, 2013

We'd consider this property again if in a pinch for a place to stay on another trip through Boise or using a free night, as was the case for us on this trip.

Good enough all around based on our one night experience but enough downside to have it not be our first choice next time among many other options in Boise. Pros, Cons, Tips follow.

PRO = LOCATION: We've also stayed at the Springhill in Boise nearer Eagle on Cloverdale and it is a newer property than this. So better from that standpoint, although this one has the great benefit of location very near downtown and Greenbelt. Location was the reason we chose it this time.

CON =- PARKING: The parking lot is inadequate for the very large number of rooms and it was a bumper car squeeze. Accessible parking is also inadequate to meet codes as it meets neither the minimum of numbers or design.

PRO = STAFF: Friendly and efficient staff at check in and out.

CON = LOWER END AMENITIES: Clean facility but older infrastructure and furnishings at lower end which is typical of Marriott's Springhill brand.

PRO + CON = ROOM: Everything in our room was clean and in working order. Appreciate separate desk space, room to spread out and fridge. But the commode room that shares space with a shower over tub is the size of a postage stamp and even for a smaller person like me was tight.

CON = BED: Bed here was the least comfortable of all hotels at which we stayed on a two week road trip of which this was the last night before home.

CON = NOISY: Maybe it's just our bad timing. But in every Springhill at which we've stayed in the last two years, there is inevitably a big high school sports team or sometimes two staying on property with the inevitable foot races in hall and slamming of doors that go along with it. No harm there unless you are no longer in high school and hoping for the commotion to end at a reasonable hour. So it was here on the night of our stay and inexplicably the hotel assigned them to the third floor along with those of us who had asked for a quiet room. One of life's mysteries, that. :-)

BOTTOM LINE: You could do worse for lodging in a Boise stay. And we have. You could also do better. And we have. All in all the location makes this a decent choice for a short visit or when budget is a key issue.

ROOM TIPS::

1) Rooms that face the back of the hotel (odd numbers) are the quietest and coolest as they face east and to an apartment building. (West facing rooms in front face parking lot and road beyond.) In this three floor property, third floor rooms are best. Avoid the first floor.

2) This looks like a big property from the front and once you get inside you realize it is a huge property. Given just one central elevator, if you get assigned a room on the far ends you're going to have a long hike to your room from the elevator. We were fortunate in room assignment to be at just the right distance from elevator but not so far it took a hike. Consider rooms X17 - X33 or X00 - X09 for back facing quiet, far enough from elevator to avoid that noise (walls are thin here) but close enough for convenience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank piacere
    Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff is fabulous and the breakfast lady is delightful. The rooms are large, well appointed and quiet. The breakfast has many offerings, which was a pleasant surprise. The "mini store" in the lobby was a nice touch as well. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends