“Beautiful location”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Dined on the rooftop. Weather was great and had a great experience. Food was pretty good but you go for the atmosphere

Caldwell, Idaho
“Service”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Food was Great but the service was horrible. When the wait staff is more concerned about catching up with fellow co-workers than their tables .... Service should be a priority

Visited April 2012
Juneau, Alaska
“Take a mini-vacation on the roof”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Whether you live in Boise or are visiting, The Reef is a treat; we never miss it when we are in town. Something happens when we climb the battered stairs, leaving the hum of downtown behind and emerging on the terrace? roof? tiki room? happy place! The service is fast, friendly, and professionally paced, and their recommendations are spot on. Others have commented on the unique treatment of dishes, and I agree. When they attempt fusion dishes, it is done carefully, not just for show. The Argentinian Cobb Salad presentation was a surprise, with each ingredient separated on the overflowing plate; mojitos are terrific--something about the mixing of mint and ice that sets them apart. Good selection of microbrews, especially local and regional. As an Alaskan, I appreciate their use of wild Alaska salmon, too. We've visited in spring, summer, and fall, and with Boise's fabulous climate, it's always been a good bet; once we even had a bonus of watching a distant lightning storm, but most often just a relaxing balmy evening. Try it!

• Visited June 2012
“Roof top is the best!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The reef has a great, fun, relaxed environment. Friendly service that's very efficient and quick. I came during the happy hour and my friends and I ordered food and a pitcher of mojitos! We tried all the flavors, my favorite was the regular mojito and the passion fruit, our server (Grizz) suggested. I had the Tiki Tacos with a house salad and both were awesome! Really good portion sizes and affordable. The VooDoo fries are killer dipped in ranch! (another suggestion from Grizz :) can't wait to come back on another day off and enjoy a cocktail on the sunny roof top with my friends! The reef is also a great spot to hit up local music!!

1 Thank Stephlovesdrake
Boise, Idaho
“Good food!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The first time I ate here, I was shocked at how good it was. I'm not sure why. So I go here every once in awhile. My favorite thing to order here is a thing called the "Mondo Pu Pu Platter", and the best part of that is the coconut shrimp. I could eat those all day, especially with a delicious mixed drink in hand, which is pretty easy to get at the Reef.

• Visited May 2012