“One of my favorite pizza places in the country”
Review of Casanova Pizzeria - CLOSED

Casanova Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We always stop at Casanova's when we travel through Boise. I love pizza cooked in a wood-fired oven and they do it right. The pizza is best straight from the oven, but carryout is okay if you don't have far to go. (They don't have a pile of cheese on them to hold in the heat.) We always have the happiest, friendliest servers there--must be a good place to work.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Went as a group of four for our first visit. I was always little disappointed in the atmosphere but the food was incredible, as was the service. We had a large salad and 2 small pizzas for the 4 of us. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

A friend had recommended Casanova's as a place with great pizza. We had lunch there today and boy! was she right! Two of us shared a small pizza ( which was more than enough food) and it was so wonderful we couldn't stop until it was completely gone. The crust was amazing--thin and crispy without being dry or brittle; chewy and tender without being doughy--the perfect wood fired crust! We got a half capricciosa /half Jimmy the Greek--the tomato sauce was spicey and full of flavor with out overwhelming the other toppings. The half with olive oil was boldly flavored yet went together so harmoniously. It was fabulous! When my friend sae the look on my face my friend said "didn't I tell you?" I will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

After reading numerous positive reviews about Casanova, I finally tried two types of pizza, the Quattro Stagioni and the Don Ho. Both pizzas were lacking in cheese, sauce and overall taste. The restaurant staff if friendly, and it does have a few outdoor seating areas if you don't mind the traffic on busy Vista Ave.
If you want a great pizza, try Flatbread Pizza - better atmosphere and more authentic italian flavor.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The spinach on our pizza was around lukewarm if even that, and the dough was a little on the chewy side. I had heard a lot about this place, but was not impressed.