“Great Stay”

Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2008

We stayed at the Safari Inn on our way to the Grand Tetons. We were looking for an inexpensive but nice place to stay in a safe area. Check in was fast and easy. Our room was nice and everything was clean. The breakfast the next morning was great. We grabbed a few muffins and were on our way. There is a pool and workout room too but we didn't use either. This hotel is around a variety of restaurants and nightlife.I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Spokane, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

This is one of the older hotels but the rooms were clean and in good working order. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Enjoy a free cookie in the lobby every evening. Rates were reasonable, got a discounted rate because it was a business trip. Great location, it is within walking distance to all areas of downtown Boise. Parking was a problem. Very tight parking spaces and the spaces were serverely limited. Even the overflow lot can be full if there is an event going on in downtown. Other than the parking problem, I would stay at Safari Inn again.

• Liked — Friendly staff, cookies in the evening
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2007

What a beautiful location right in the heart of downtown Boise.
We've stayed here several times and always find comfortable, clean rooms and a wonderful staff. Everything is just as they advertise it to be. The complimentary breakfast in their dinette is a great place to read the morning paper and plan your day. Have a cookie at the end
of the day, too. This is a wonderful place with a very reasonable room rate.

Stayed May 2007
Bay Area, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2006

I stayed here on business for three nights in early November. My own experience wasn't bad: the room was clean, and everything worked. I should also say the staff were very good: polite and helpful and competent. Much better than you expect for the price and type of hotel. They offer a continental breakfast, and that's what it is: bread and cereal, juices and coffee and tea etc. No protein, which is a must for me.There's hotel next door that offers a very good breakfast menu, reasonably priced, however, so I went there for breakfast. There's also some good restaurants for breakfast within a couple of blocks.

The good points: it's clean, reasonably priced and very convenient for downtown Boise. You're walking distance from lots of really nice little restaurants (quite a nice variety of ethnic cuisines) and the Basque District (by all means try one of these restaurants, especially Leku Ona - the food is unusual and delicious). There's lots of interesting shops very close to there, too, and the Capitol campus is six or seven blocks away.

The not-so-good points: the beds are FIRM. If you like that, great. But I need something with a little give to it. My room had a lovely view of the alley behind; but my more unfortunate colleague, whose room was several doors down from mine, had a nice view of the seedy tavern, and the drunks from there did wander down the alley my room looked out on. He missed alot of sleep because of the noise; I heard it a couple of times.

One other thing: if you're a person who has trouble going up stairs, or have alot of heavy luggage, as I did, you may have difficulty here, as to get to the elevator you have to go up three or four steps. So, it isn't wheelchair accessible unless they have ground floor rooms - didn't seem like they did, but I didn't ask. However, I brought a very full & large suitcase, and it was a pain for me getting it up and down those few steps.

I would stay here again, but if I need to go to Boise, I'll check out some other hotels first. I'd pay a little more money for a little more comfort and convenience.

• Liked — The staff and the location
  • Disliked — The bed and the noise in the alley
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure your room isn't situated overlooking the alley and the tavern
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2006

I left a phone charger in the outlet in my room...called the hotel from the airport to report it. Safari management states the charger wasn't in the outlet. Stated that she believes the person in house keeping that there was no charger there. So I'm out a cell phone charger and have been called a liar to boot.

Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Boise hotels

Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2005

For the price I paid...this was way above what I expected. It was extremely clean. I thought I lost my earrings in the room and they went through the laundry 3 times trying to find them. Even the manager looked for them, and called me personally to tell me she couldn't find them, but was willing to pay for part of them. I found them in my suitcase the next day! What a treat!

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank mokibb
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2005

I had my doubts about staying in a place called the Safari Inn but I have to say, this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in recent memory and I stayed at a four-star earlier this summer. This is not based on any marble floors or trendy bedding (neither of which can be found at the Safari Inn), this is based on the diligence of the staff, the generally excellent upkeep of the hotel and the conspicuous lack of a desire to gouge their customers for more money at every turn. We paid the rate quoted, plus tax, no more. And, we enjoyed free high speed internet, breakfast and a lovely relaxing stay at a remarkably quiet downtown hotel with a great (and extraordinarily clean!) pool! All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates good service and quality over glitz and price gouging.

• Stayed August 2005