“Room Was Dirty and Not Maintained Well” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown

TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown
Ranked #30 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Boise, ID USA
“Room Was Dirty and Not Maintained Well”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Suite. The carpet wasn't vacuumed from the prior guest. The bottom of our socks were filthy. The sofa was very dirty (we had to use a blanket to cover it). The door's deadbolt didn't work. Two of the TV remotes didn't work (volume and channel).

The front desk people are very friendly. The breakfast was just so-so. I'd recommend walking across the parking lot to Elmers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I arrived earlier than 4pm, but was able to check in 2 hours early which I appreciated. The front desk individual and trainee were very pleasant and helpful. This was not my first visit to this hotel and once again I was pleased with my room and the service. I was able to choose the floor level I wanted to stay on. My room was quiet and really the only noise I heard was when the family next door to me was in the hall and first entering their room. I love having a refrigerator that I can store my water bottles and other perishables in. I forgot my swimsuit, but that was okay because I utlilized their fitness center instead. It is not huge, but there were 4 of us working out at 6 am and still had room to move around. They have 2 treadmills, recumbent bike and elliptical, along with a weight system. Breakfast was good I enjoyed having fresh grapefruit which I have never seen before in a breakfast service like this. They also serve waffles, warm oatmeal, cold cereals, toast, bagels and muffins, plus 2 types of juice, milk and yogurt. This location is very convenient to Boise State University so if you have any business there you could walk there from this hotel. Plus it is not too far from downtown Boise where there are very nice restaurants to enjoy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Oregonmsc
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

This hotel is in many ways another Towne place hotel but the difference is the staff.
They were so friendly and helpfull with every question we had.
The 2 ladies at the front desk are one of a kind, so interested in what we visited, where we should go to eat or just be nice.
The breakfast is a busy but everything is cleaned up right away.
Also the patio for a coffe is something you won't expect.
We were happy to stay there.

Room Tip: Try to have a room on the back side. The left side is still away from the roads, but the back side a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I know most people really like staying here, and I thought I would too. In many ways, it was ideal for our week. The location was perfect for my needs on this trip, the room was quiet and mostly clean, and the basic room features were great (having a kitchen area, primarily), as I always find to be the case in a TownePlace Suites.

Now for the down sides: On our first day at the hotel, one of us put out the "do not disturb" sign in the morning. When we were ready for housekeeping service, we took the sign off the door. Apparently, it was too late in the day for housekeeping to stop by, which was okay with me. For the remainder of our stay (two more full days plus another morning), we did not receive any housekeeping services at all, which I found to be unusual for this level of hotel. Not even a check-by to see whether we needed more towels. The trash cans were full to the top by the time we left, but I was too busy with my work meetings in town to be bothered with asking the front desk for help.

The carpet was pretty worn (and maybe quite dirty...hard to tell for sure given the pattern, but it looked dingy in any case). The dishwasher wasn't working right, and there was a pool of dirty water in the bottom of it. I tried to get it to drain with no success. I washed dishes by hand rather than risking getting sick from the water in the machine. The desk was damaged, and the TV remote would do everything except turn the TV on and off. The counter top in the kitchen area had big coffee smears on it (not stains...just puddles of dried up coffee). The valve in the shower worked on a long delay, so I spend almost a shower's worth of time just getting the water to an acceptable temperature.

One of the mornings we were there, one of us went downstairs just prior to the published finish time for breakfast, and all of the food had already been cleaned up and the cabinets and fridge locked. I can certainly understand why this would have been the case in some ways, but I'm not accustomed to nicer hotels closing down breakfast before the scheduled end time has arrived.

One up-side was the staff. Those I encountered were helpful and friendly, as I've come to expect when staying at Marriott properties. Another nice aspect of our room was its size. It was spacious and gave us plenty of room to spread out. Unfortunately, the counter space in the bathroom vanity area was far too small to fit my normal toiletries there. I also didn't care for having one electrical switch outside of the bathroom operate the light in the bathroom, the fan in the bathroom, AND the lights in the separate sink/vanity area. I'm not a fan of giving someone outside of the bathroom the ability to turn the lights out on me while I in there, even if it's by accident. It also made it so that any time we had the lights on above the sink/vanity, we had to listen to the noise of the bathroom fan.

Overall, I was disappointed at my experience here. One might say that it was my responsibility to report all of the issues I encountered so that the hotel would have an opportunity to address them for me, but when I'm on business trips I often go at a dead run from eyes-open to early the next morning, and most often I simply don't have the time or energy to deal with maintenance issues on the hotel's behalf. I assume that most of the problems here have to do with its close proximity to Boise State University and, I would imagine, a heavy student and athletic events clientele. When I return to Boise for work, I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
29JamieH, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. At the TownePlace Suites we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. We are constantly striving to improve upon our guest's experiences and to provide excellent customer service and learning more would be helpful. I would love to speak with you further if you have the time, please give me a call at 208-429-8881.
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I found the room very spacious and comfortable! We stayed with a group of friends and were able to be accommodated next to each other so that was nice. We had breakfast in the morning but ran rather late catching it so not everything was still available. We were within walking distance of downtown and were able to go see the Potato Drop and didn't have to mess with cabs or parking which was a plus! We did go to the pool area which was small but adequate. The hot tub's jets were not working so that was a tad disappointing. Overall this was a great stay and we'd definitely stay in another TownPlace Suites!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
29JamieH, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies that the hot tub jets were not working the night you stayed with us! At Marriott, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. The hot tub jets are back up and running and we hope you will come try us out again in the future. I hope you enjoyed the potato drop and I'm looking forward to seeing what our awesome city comes up with to welcome in 2015!
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here for a second try for two nights. Had a very nice large clean room with a mini kitchen which was unused as there are so many great places to eat in Boise. Friendly and helpful reception staff (as last year). About a 15 minute safe walk to downtown Boise (but watch out for the sprinklers on the walk back in the dark!). The breakfast area seemed better set out than last year with enough seating and plenty choice. This was our forth visit to Boise (2006, 2009 and 2012) and this hotel is a definite for next time if we can once again get the lower rate offered in midweek (the weekend rate is much higher).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Front desk was quite helpful and understanding of my late arrival. My room was enormous compared to other very nice Marriott properties I've visited. Has a well-equipped kitchenette and a closet that opens into both the foyer and the bathroom - very convenient when getting ready for your day. Slept in so couldn't vouch for breakfast but Marriott usually does a good job on this. A regional chain restaurant, Elmer's is just across the parking lot for breakfast through dinner. Parking was spacious, well-lit, secure and convenient. The bed was perfect for a great night's sleep!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo