“Great Location”

TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice, clean hotel located almost directly across the street from BSU. Great value, nice walk to downtown. Extremely comfortable bed. Pool is small so if you're traveling with children the Hampton Inn at the airport has a much larger pool. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor avoids noise from above.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2013

In our work and retired life, we have spent over 700 nights at various Marriott Properties. Some have been average, some have been great, and a few have been spectacular. This is the first awful. This Marriott Brand should come with a warning. It is Pet Friendly. I always thought that meant that reasonably-sized, well-behaved animals could be in the hotel. Not here. Whatever sized beast of whatever temperament and whatever irresponsible owner are welcome. As my wife and I approached the elevator to go to our room following a walk around downtown Boise, a large, unleashed dog attacked and chased us into the elevator. Only after a few swift kicks did it back away. The owner stood by--unconcerned. I contacted the front desk and was told that leashes were optional--a fact I found later to be untrue. Between that and dog noise all night, we got no sleep on a long road trip. The next morning we went downstairs for the promised Hot Breakfast. Waffles and hard-boiled eggs! Not what we were looking for. Then for the first time in all our combined stays, the hotel had run out of the complimentary USA Today. Too much.

I asked to speak to the Manager and laid out my list of grievances. She told me pet owners were required to sign an agreement to maintain control of their animals while on property--leashed and quiet. I guess the night front-desk clerk would rather have to deal with a lawsuit than to expel a "Pet" owner who didn't live up to the agreed requirements. To the manager's credit, she didn't charge us for the night.

If you stay at Marriotts, pick another brand. Don't stay here unless you too are travelling with an untamed, bad temperament animal. Then this place is perfect!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We just dropped our daughter off for college (BSU) and found the location perfect. The room was clean and we love the kitchenette space and the refrigerator. The only issue I had regarding the cleanliness is that the sheets had a very strong bleach odor that did not lighten up over time.

Room Tip: The room had a hideaway bed and when open it makes for a very tight space. You can't get through...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am from Boise and was looking for a place to stay with my two kids that was in a good location. I'm a little neurotic, so I looked up a recent Boise crime map and really liked this hotel. Here are the points of interest about my experience:
1. It was affordable. We stayed for a week in a two bedroom suite and it was really comfortable. I had an infant with me and had to request a crib 3 times though...there was staff confusion. however, everyone was pleasant about my repeated requests and no one got snippy with me, which was a good thing since they ultimately messed up
2. It was clean. when we got there, the room was in a great condition. It has a full kitchen, dishwasher, 3 tvs, microwave, etc. with kids, I used everything and it all worked and was clean when I went to use it. They didn't skip a step between customers. We were there for a week and our housekeeping was hit or miss. We had 2 days where our towels were taken and not replaced and one day where one of the beds was "kind of" made (pillows were all over and sheets were pulled up,but not completely made up). I had to call for towels, but again, everyone was pleasant.
3. the pool was working and in order....and inside which was really nice since we're from SEattle and my kids look like they're see-through. And it was 102-105 during our visit. being outside would've been too hot!
4. the continental breakfast was bagels, doughnuts, mini waffles, milk, juice, coffee and cereal. the only protein was either the PB spread on bread or a pile of questionable boiled eggs. HOWEVER, the best breakfast around is found across the parking lot at Elmer's. It's a regional chain and the food is pretty home-style and good. If that doesn't work for you, there's Papa Joe's just past it (still within walking distance). Both serve meals from breakfast to dinner and it's good.
5. we were close to the free way to hop on and go to the mall, visit family, the foothills, out to WarmSprings Golf Course, and downtown.\
6. SUPER COMFORTABLE BEDS!

Room Tip: #338 was a great room. on the quiet side of the building (anything around this x38 number is on the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A great stay here. Very clean, large spacious rooms with a full kitchen. The thing that made this stay great was the very professional, courteous staff. They made our stay fantastic! Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bpegrad
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a quick one night stay and foung the room and accomodations to be fantastic. Clean room, couteius staff..I'll be back in the fall! Just a short walk to downtown Boise and right across from Boise State University. A few blocks from a great walking/running path along the Boise River.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Rooms are clean and comfortable with very helpful staff. Each room has kitchenette. We were going to our daughter's graduation at Boise State and the hotel location couldn't be better for access to campus. Originally booked a king room with sofa-bed at a Boise State discounted rate for ourselves and our teenage daughter because that is all that was available. Room was very small with only about 6" of space between the bed and the pulled-out sofa bed, and they forgot to provide linens for the sofa bed. Linens were brought up by Manager as soon as we noticed and called however. After seeing the size of the room, my wife went down to the lobby to see if we could be switched to a bigger room. She was told, that while none were available for that night, he could switch us the next day to a larger room for only $5 more a night. When we checked with him the next morning, he had a new room key ready for us, and told us our new room was right down the hall. Turns out, he got us a 2-bedroom room for only $5 more! Room was huge with a King in one bedroom and a Queen in the other. Breakfast was good, with waffles, biscuits & gravy, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, toast, hard-boiled eggs, juice & coffee. Only reason for not giving them an excellent rating was not having linens for the pull-out bed ready to use.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very large 2-bedroom units.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family