TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel 43(Boise)
View Hotel
All reviewsstandard hotel breakfastwafflesmarriott brandcloset doorssized refrigeratorstayed here for a weekshort walkfree shuttle servicehot tubroom suiteclean hoteldesk staffconvenient locationcapitol buildingwould stay here againa great stayrooms are nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Rooms are clean and comfortable with very helpful staff. Each room has kitchenette. We were going to our daughter's graduation at Boise State and the hotel location couldn't be better for access to campus. Originally booked a king room with sofa-bed at a Boise State discounted rate for ourselves and our teenage daughter because that is all that was available. Room was very small with only about 6" of space between the bed and the pulled-out sofa bed, and they forgot to provide linens for the sofa bed. Linens were brought up by Manager as soon as we noticed and called however. After seeing the size of the room, my wife went down to the lobby to see if we could be switched to a bigger room. She was told, that while none were available for that night, he could switch us the next day to a larger room for only $5 more a night. When we checked with him the next morning, he had a new room key ready for us, and told us our new room was right down the hall. Turns out, he got us a 2-bedroom room for only $5 more! Room was huge with a King in one bedroom and a Queen in the other. Breakfast was good, with waffles, biscuits & gravy, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, toast, hard-boiled eggs, juice & coffee. Only reason for not giving them an excellent rating was not having linens for the pull-out bed ready to use.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very large 2-bedroom units.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkVM
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After traveling all day, coming home to a large, comfortable room at the TPS in Boise was just what I needed! Having a small kitchen in the room was convenient for me to prepare a late dinner. The breakfast area was extremely well kept and ergonomically spread out to avoid chokepoints. I think they got this place running like a well-oiled machine!

Room Tip: i got an ADA room so the bathroom was much larger than a regular room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank xenaht2000
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for business, and found the staff extremely polite. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was very well done.

I needed to book an extra night due to a flight cancellation, and there were no problems.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DGeorges
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this property Apr 5-8 2013 in a king-size bed studio on the top floor, Room 408. As you may see from other reviewers, it is certainly true that this is not a full-service Marriott property, but the pricing and proximity to the Boise State University makes it a decent enough choice for a picky traveler such as myself.

I think that service in this hotel is absolutely adequate. I had no cleanliness issues, and it seemed that a minute after I took away the Do Not Disturb sign from my room's door, my room was cleaned in no time. Also, the hotel staff will arrange an airport shuttle, but also a shuttle to any other place in a 3-mile radius from the property, which can be used either for the BSU campus or the Downtown Boise, which is a nice place to explore if one has an afternoon to spare.

The layout of the studio is a bit poor, due to TV location. However, I liked being able to open the window a little bit and get some fresh air in my studio. The view of the Cascades in the distance was very nice and calming. I slept fine even though this property is adjacent to a major thoroughfare leading between the Capitol and Boise Airport.

I found the hotel gym (called Get Fit in TownePlace lingo) to be surprisingly well equipped for a small place that it occupies. I enjoyed using Vectra Online 3800 exercise equipment and Star Trac treadmills. I have not perused an indoor kiddie pool and the jacuzzi; it seems a lot of people and kids enjoyed that kind of entertainment, though.

Breakfast is very limited, and I seemed to have a knack to arrive to grab some food anytime they were out of almost any offerings during the regular breakfast hours. I still think that anyone can find a few things to eat, but not to pig out, like most of us do during the vacation.

It is true that there were no PPV movies, restaurants or bars on site, but I was not interested in any of those and was well aware of them not being offered at this property before I arrived to this hotel.

To summarize, four stars given to this property cannot compare to any full service hotels that I reviewed in the past. However, I knew why I chose to stay at this property, and they performed as expected. Sometimes even to achieve that goal is lacking in most properties I visited recently.

Room Tip: Walls are a little flimsy, so the top floor room should help to eliminate the noisy running up and down the stairs and hallways.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Neb P
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We're big time Marriott fans and have stayed at many. If you're planning on staying you should know a few things.

The Positives: it's close to BSU and it's set-up for long term stays. The suites have a full kitchen (even a dishwasher), fridge, stove and microwave.

The Negatives: it's close to BSU. I think there MUST be a lot of students and their families staying there. It's a BIT noisy. The bathroom failed the can I/can I not touch all four walls with my arms extended swinging them around (you CAN). The continental breakfast is from one of the smaller continents (Australia). Biscuits and gravy and make-ya-own waffles. There is some fruit and muffins (packaged spaceman style) and some beverages. You're going to need to go to Merritts to fill up your crew's tummies. No restaurant. No bar. No pay-per-view movies and the TV is pretty small.

Verdict: there are other Marriotts in Boise. Go stay in one of them unless you need to walk to BSU.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the road. It is a busy and noisy road even at night
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family