“Good Lunch Spot”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Grove
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stopped by here for lunch and thought the experience was nice. I have no prior experience with a Basque restaurant, but I thought my paella was good. It came with a huge piece of chicken that was a little dry, but still had good flavor.

There were only a few of us in the restaurant, so the dining experience was good. The waitress was friendly and quick.

There are so many Basque restaurants in the area - I'd try another before coming back here a second time.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

People were nice, table outside pleasant. Service slow. No food came forever, then soup and main course came at once. I asked about salads, oh he said I forgot. So they came too.
Best course was soup. Sauce on my beef tongue bland and forgettable. Should have gone elsewhere.

2  Thank dickanddoug
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We dined years ago at an excellent Basque restaurant in Bakersfield, California and were very pleased. This restaurant was not only not authentic, but lacked in quality and service.
While our waitress was nice and almost pleasant there were several slip-ups on her part.
We each ordered a soup and a salad. When our waitress returned we ordered our entrees and noticed they came with soup or salad. She did not explain that and said she was sorry, our soup and salad were entrees. She apologized. When my husband asked if we could change to a small soup with the entree she said yes, but she could not changed the salad, only the soup. She should have corrected her error. When we asked if we could have mashed potatoes, she said the entree comes with it, but we did not get the mashed potatoes. By this time we did not complain since we were fed up with all her errors and the food, and also the time it took to get our order. This was the worst service of our whole three week trip at a restaurant. Ten minutes after ordering our entrees she apologized and said she needed to take our order again!
We were billed for the soup even though she did switch it. That she corrected on our bill. Food was American, not Basque in our opinion. We will never return to this restaurant. The waitress did not check back as she should have. Then as we were leaving and were asked how the food was and said ok in a rather disatisfied tone, the hostess said oh good as if she were spaced out and not really listening.

2  Thank augweddedbells
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Met long time friends here expecting a wonderful dinner together. Seated outside and we liked that. No silverware...cocktails were good. Bread brought to table and we had to ask for knife for butter. Ordered...no choice as to mashed pot..baked etc. we stopped the waiter to tell him our choice..he said they had no baked pot only thing we could get was red potatoes. No choice of salad it just appeared at our table. Again no silverware. 30 minutes after we ordered waiter came to tell us the last chicken was gone so my friend had to find another entree. I ordered trout and it was so bad I didn't eat it others at the table didn't believe me so I passed it around and no one would eat it. Talked to owners. Son and he apologized and said he'd take care of us..ha...never saw him again. Said they would give us dessert on house and when we asked about dessert waiter spent so much time telling us what they didn't have..we said forget it. Worst dining experience I've ever had. This was a saturday night......We wondered why all other restaurants were so busy and this one wasn't.....now we know....beware

2  Thank Gypsy-by-trade
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in the "basement" for the wedding rehearsal after-party. Great accomodations. Nice space for our group. Servers did their job nicely as well as providing privacy for our group. The restaurant serves quality food.

Been to Leku Ona? Share your experiences!