“I wont stay here again”

Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Twin Falls, Idaho
“I wont stay here again”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stay in Boise 1-2 times per month and this is the first time I have tried this hotel. After reading the other reviews I was expecting a great experience. I got to the hotel at 305 pm. Check in time is 3 pm so I wasn't expecting any issue. I got my room key and headed up. My room wasn't ready. OK back down we go...I get to the front desk and tell them. I didn't mind waiting a few mins, at 30 mins I asked again, "sorry its still being cleaned", ok....??.....At 55 mins I go back to the front desk and ask AGAIN..(no one has cked on me at all) and guess what?? ITS STILL NOT READY!! Ok this is not ok...They had already started on the room when I got there and here it is an hour later and they still aren't done? Finally a senior person tells the desk clerk to find me a different room...Ok I get another room. I go up and find the TV doesn't work. I call and maintenance comes immediately and he was SUPER NICE!!!! The front door doesn't lock...the bathroom floor has been swept....but it was all left behind the door...yuck!!
I don't expect to be given the moon when things go wrong...some things just require an "I'm sorry for this" and that should be enough...but this was much more and I was not offered anything....at all.....Dont you think maybe a free breakfast would have gone along way to making me feel like you cared? Trust me it would have...considering this location doesn't offer free breakfast, its $7.50 per person....So at this point Ill not stay here again there are plenty of other hotels just a nice and cost just as much and offer free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sheri G
Tamera B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boise Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am so sorry that you experienced these problems during your stay. Our staff goes above and beyond to accommodate guests checking in at any time during the day, especially after our standard check-in time of 3 p.m. We do run into situations where we have had many guests checking in early, and rooms can take a little bit longer to be completely ready. Again, I am so sorry that we did not meet and exceed your expectations in all aspects of your stay. We would love to make this up to you. Trip Advisor does not link reviews to reservations so I am unable to obtain contact information from this review. Please contact the hotel directly so we can make this right! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Basehor, Kansas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The front desk staff are very friendly and accommodating. I always feel comfortable and at home when I stay at this hotel. One improvement that could be made is the morning restaurant waitress/person is not friendly. I have stayed here three times and all the same, oddly cold and not friendly at all. I clean up my own dishes because I don't believe she should get a tip!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We are sorry that we fell short of your expectations in our morning breakfast service. We will use this feedback to correct these mistakes and we hope you will give our hotel another try! Thank you!
Sun Valley, Idaho
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Definitely the best option if you're flying into or out of Boise. Because it was constructed as a Cambria Suites the rooms are larger than usual and the contemporary design is nice. The location also works for other Boise needs as it is central from an east west perspective and all of the shopping except for downtown alternatives is only 5 to 10 minutes away along the freeway (downtown is about 15 minutes along the north/south street that runs right past the hotel). We have stayed there several times and the parking has always been fine. The pet policy is the best of any hotel we've used in any city. The front desk service is great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The place was clean and the staff were pleasant.... But the room walls were paper thin. My neighbor in the adjacent room snored like Freddie Flinstone which kept me up all night and anyone moving around in the room above me, sounded like they were in my room. I would not stay here again

1 Thank Jim M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boise Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Jim M

We would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate you calling out the good quality of our rooms and staff. While we are pleased with the good comments, we truly value the not so good comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, and your feedback will help us to do so.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently stayed here for a meeting. The room was small and the closet was even smaller. Otherwise, the room was clean. Hotel was also clean. Enough parking spaces. AppleBee next door gives a 10% discount if you show the hotel key.

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Helpful staff at check-in and EARLY AM departure. Prompt, reliable shuttle. Clean, new, very spacious room and bath. This is our family's first choice when flying in and out of Boise. Example of service: we left before the breakfast cafe opened, and a family member had a slightly queasy stomach. She asked if there was a vending machine, but the desk clerk asked her what she would like and when she replied chocolate milk the clerk went out into the kitchen and got her one. Seems small, but when you're racing around at 4:45 AM it made a big difference to us. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MJ E
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is one of the best hotels in the Boise Idaho area. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are up to date and clean, and the location is close to everything. They have a fast shuttel that is easy and helpful to save money from renting a car.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the best room in the hotel