“Truly excellent, affordable hotel in the middle of everything”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Portland, Oregon
“Truly excellent, affordable hotel in the middle of everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

A truly excellent, new, clean hotel in the middle of shops and restaurants. The room was clean, modern and spacious. The bathroom was spotless. The Bed and pillows were very comfy and they have Bonefish for room-service. Parking was cheap, under ten dollars a day and it's inside an attached parking garage.

The only negative thing I would say is that the directions on how to get to the hotel were confusing. I ended up wandering around Boise for a half hour before I mapped it on my iphone. Use another mapping site to get you there.

I would highly recommend staying in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Southwest US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

They scheduled our conference and a block of rooms here. We checked in late the night before the conference. The hotel was easy to find and was easily accessable from the airport (in hind sight we should have just used the hotel shuttle instead of renting a car). There is a parking fee for the garage attached to the hotel. The hotel lobby was clean, open and welcoming. The personel were welcoming and accomodating. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff did a great job with the conference rooms and providing us with water and coffee through out the day. There were several great restaurants and shops near the hotel within walking distance. The Basque District is just a couple blocks up. The night life thru this area is prime as well.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions around the turn of the new year.

Room
On my first visit the pleasant people on reception upgraded me to the room with the whirlpool for which was nice of them. The room itself was spacious and clean with a nice bed. It had a sharply decorated bathroom with a good powerful shower. We were on 10th floor and the views were really lovely.

Location
The hotel is ideally situated in downtown Boise. The Zoo, Idaho Museum and Library! are all with in walking distance (but you'll be the only one not on four wheels) as are a selection of nice cafés and coffee shops. I'd recommend Goldie's for a lovely and satisfying breakfast served with genuine warmth.

The staff were all efficient, polite and very friendly. I liked them. They offered us biscuits, gave us a free upgrade, showed a genuine interest and helped when they could.

Overall
I liked the hotel. I'd stay there again. It's comfy. My only negative would be it lacks character, but it's functional as oppose to remarkable.

Liked:
+ Location
+ Room size
+ Good shower
+ Free upgrade
+ Wi fi

Disliked:
+ Bit annonymous

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

This is an outstanding Hampton. The hotel feels pretty new, with a downtown location. All the public areas are large and very attractive. My room was a good size, clean, and had flat screen TV. The free shuttle to the airport was a nice plus.
What I really liked was the location. Just behind the hotel is a pedestrian area with movie theatre, restaurants (PF Changs, Bonefish, etc) and shops. The hotel is also on Capitol St., which gives you an easy walk to many, many other restaurants, bars, etc.
I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Pir8guy
Reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

We headed to Boise for the Roady’s Humanitarian College Football Bowl Game and figured that this hotel would be closest to Bronco Stadium.

I couldn’t expect more from a Hampton. Very spacious rooms with nice beds, we had the studio suite which was located on the eleventh floor. Nice opening area once you enter the room. There was a microwave, sink and mini fridge. We had left over pizza from Proto’s (a must have when you are in downtown!!!!) and used the microwave, very convenient. The views were OK, but I was not expecting much.

The bathroom was very nice and big with a nice shower to go along. Our only problem was that my buddy went to the bathroom at like 7 in the morning and the toilet decided to overflow. Being the idiot my friend is he decided to put towels over it and then went back to sleep instead of calling the front desk! So I called the front desk and it was cleaned up immediately!

The breakfast in the morning is nice if you are not looking to spend money but I hear that Goldie’s is the place to go if you want a stellar breakfast, which is located close to the hotel. Front desk was very helpful at all times.

I am not usually in the party mode when I travel, but I was with 3 of my buddies for a college football game and I apologize if we made it hard on the made or anyone else. It was a great hotel and great price also! If I am back in Boise, I will definitely be staying here!

• Liked — Big room..
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank gp7787
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

I picked this hotel because of its rating on TripAdvisor and it didn't disappoint.

- Excellent beds, large room, fancy flatscreen TV, modern decor
- Large bathroom - Shower with multiple pressure heads
- Free shuttle to and from airport
- Free newspapers
- Free cookies and fruit baskets around hotel
- Small indoor pool
- Cozy breakfast area with sofas, as well as tables and chairs, flatscreen TVs, fireplace
- Giant comprehensive free breakfast with bagels, muffins, warm biscuits, donuts, danish, fruit salad, juice, coffee, teas, yogurts and a rotating different hot item (omelets, french toast, bagel with cheese bacon and egg, sausage gravy and biscuits).
- On site lobby snack store (rather than mini bar in room) with reasonable prices open 24 hours.

This hotel was as close to perfect as it comes, and all this for $80/$90 a night (AARP discount). Only problem was one day we returned to our room to find the maid had accidentally left the door propped open when she left. It was kind of spooky and I complained. Later that night we got a card from the manager apologizing for the problem along with some gift certificates ($25) to a local restaurant. Well resolved.

Hotel is in close walking distance to everything - stores, Boise Art Museum, downtown area.

One of the best hotel experiences of my life!

• Liked — everything included for one low price - internet and local calls free!
  • Disliked — There is no fan in the bathroom. No free robes. Those are the only things I can think of to make it even better.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank mzamar
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2008

Visited Boise, ID in August 2008 with our 2 young boys. Orginally booked a 2 night stay at this hotel. We had so much fun in Boise, and liked the hotel so much that we extended our stay to 3 nights. We booked a suite (with 2 queen beds) which was very spacious, clean and comfortably furnished. Hotel provides complimentary breakfast which is always nice and convenient, esp. when traveling with kids. It is not a feast, but there are healthy breakfast choices (fresh fruits, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, juices, etc). Love the location of the hotel too...minutes walk to shops and restarants, and a movie theater just next door. Staff were professional, efficient, and very friendly. Had to pay for parking (about $6/day, I think), but it is worth the convenience and security as the garage is attached to the building. Hotel has a coin laundry room too, which eased our 8-day roadtrip "laundry situation". All in all, a great hotel choice. Would definitely return the next time we visit Boise, and recommend to our friends.

• Liked — New, clean, good location, good services, non-smoking, free internet connection, complimentary breakfast.
  • Disliked — Can't think of one.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family