“Great Location”

Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great Location”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Arrived early and was able to check with no hassle or extra charge. Location was great. Walking distance to the Saturday market, shopping, restaurants and the Capital. Very clean and has one of the most enjoyable fitness center I have seen in a hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again the next time I visit Boise!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Lisa L
DOSHamptonBoise, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We love the opportunity to make your day. If a room is available we will always get you checked in early so you can start enjoying Boise! I hope you and your family will come back soon!

Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Best overnight for business or play in downtown Boise. Near the convention center, Trader Joes, and walking distance to everything you need downtown. Great service, helpful staff. Clean rooms, comfy beds, mini-fridge and modern door.

Room Tip: 11th floor is VIP
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mrslauer
Trader Joe's has definitely brought a whole new attraction to Boise and we couldn't be more thrilled to be their neighbor! It is great to hear you enjoyed all of downtown as well as truly enjoying your experience here at the hotel. I hope you will return soon to enjoy even more of Boise!

Cheers,

Baker City, Oregon
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Perfect location to all downtown events and social activities!!!! Restaurants and clubs all walkable!!! Shopping and movies right outside the hotel!!! All the nightlife you could ask for!!!
I have stayed here more times than I can can remember and never have had any issues!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ryan C
You hit the nail on the head! The location can't be beat! Being in the mix of all the best Boise has to offer is fantastic but even better is the design of the hotel so that you can't even tell when you are in the guestrooms! Fun on the outside, quiet on the inside!

Come back soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

It had a kitchen, a huge bathroom, two bedrooms with a queen sized bed, tv's in bedrooms and living room with a couch and a pull out bed. It had a giant pool, a gym and the equipment had a tv on it, the breakfast was so tasty. Definitely want to go there again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Julia M
Wow! That is such a beautiful description. I'm glad that everything was so comfortable for your stay. We will see you again soon!

Best,

Orinda
Reviewed August 1, 2014

HIghly recommend this hotel. The room was large and king-sized bed was perfect for sleeping well. Everything was very clean. The tub and toilet caulking (perhaps strange to include this in the review, but the condition tells about the maintenance of the hotel) was very well done with nary a stain. High marks for the staff. They were helpful and friendly, at the desk, in the breakfast area, in the hallways.
I reported a problem with the AC, which was gurgling at night and awakening me. In about an hour, the HVAC man was at the door. The problem was air in the hotel's AC system, and it had already been identified and serviced. He was courteous and friendly and asked that I contact the desk again if the problem was not resolved in our room. The following day I sat in the large, comfortably furnished lobby, enjoying a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. Someone said, "Hello" and there was the HVAC man, checking back with me to see that everything was ok. Wow! Talk about that "extra mile" in service.

Location is great: a couple of blocks to the conference center, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, and the hotel is located on the shuttle route for the airport. I suggest taking the five block walk to the capitol building where the lower floor has many historical documents and exhibits on display, plus a nice gift shop.

Room Tip: Corner suite on 9th floor - nice view, quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Joan S
Thank you Joan S for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our team truly cares about your comfort during your stay. I'm glad to hear that not only did we remedy the HVAC problem immediately but that the maintenance teammate WOW'd you by his genuine care. I giggled a little when I read your bathtub comment because I also look carefully at the caulking in bathtubs when I travel for the very same reason! I love that you pay attention to all the details we also find important to provide an exceptional product, accompanied by our service for your stay.

I hope you will come back to Boise for Business soon! The Capitol Building is a great opportunity to get a glimpse of Idaho. There is also the Boise Art Museum and Idaho Historical Museum within walking distance as well!

Safe travels,

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I decided to head to Boise for a long weekend and we couldn't have picked a better hotel. We booked based on Trip Advisor ratings and this place definitely lived up to them. They are along the route of the free airport shuttle and our ride to/from the Boise airport was quick and seemless. We requested a high floor room and were given one on the top floor (11th). The folks at the front desk were warm and welcoming during check-in, check-out, and whenever we bought something from their little market (which was open 24 hours, btw) or had a question to ask. The air conditioner in our room didn't seem to be working well on our first night, but a call to the front desk very quickly got a two-person maintence crew up to our room - they re-installed a new fan on the spot and our room was nice and icey cold the remaining nights of our stay. We were very impressed by this! Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and housekeeping even left a note saying our sheets/duvet were laudered prior to our check-in, plus they left mints for us each day after they made up the room.

And the location couldn't be beat - right across the street from a movie theater, around the corner from a Trader Joe's where we bought tons of bottled water (very cheaply) to keep in the large friedge in our room, and literally steps (max a few blocks) from all of downtown Boise's shops, restaurants and nightlife. Then, if we needed a bus to go somewhere farther, it was right around the corner. Also, we're Hilton Honors members and, when we requested a late check-out, they gave us until 2pm!

Overall, our first visit to Boise was awesome and we owe a great deal of that to staying here. We will definitely stay here if we return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CityGirl5248
DOSHamptonBoise, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful first experience in Boise! The vibrant downtown comes as a surprise to many. It is clean, safe & fun with so much to do! The hotel location is perfect to experience all the best Boise has to offer.

I am sorry that you experienced a problem with your A/C, but I agree with you that we have an amazing maintenance team that resolves all issues quickly! Comfort is a key element to our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! I love that you had a great time meeting the rest of the team. They genuinely enjoy serving and I'm glad that you experienced that throughout your stay.

Thank you again for staying! I do hope you will come back and see us again!

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was truly a fantastic hotel experience. I was in Boise for a conference and stayed at this Hampton Inn location for 6 days. Every morning there was a complimentary hot breakfast that was good by any breakfast standard and absolutely remarkable compared to other hotel experiences I've had. The room was very clean, very spacious, and the fitness center was top notch as well. In addition, the location was perfect (very short walk to the conference center) and there are a lot of great places to eat, drink, and shop nearby. I really have no complaints at all about this hotel, and will gladly stay in Hampton Inn hotels in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank David T
DOSHamptonBoise, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hampton for your stay for the conference. I love to hear that the breakfast was a WOW! We do all that we can to kick it up a notch so there is something for everyone! We even have milk alternatives & gluten free options upon request.

I am so glad that you had such a long stay during the conference! Come back and see us again!

Kind regards,