“Couldn't ask for more - AWESOME!”

Oxford Suites Boise
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Couldn't ask for more - AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Very clean and comfortable rooms, great location and super friendly & helpful staff. The breakfast was above & beyond the "normal" hotel breakfast, which included a real "hot" breakfast (pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, etc...) as well as cereals, toast, pastries, fruit, etc... Great exercise room, nice indoor pool. We had no complaints or concerns and will stay no where else but here next time we're in Boise!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed here 3 nights while my wife attended a conference and decided to add another two nights to continue exploring and shopping in Boise. The front desk staff were always courteous and friendly regardless of the hour and amount of traffic. The hotel in general and particularly the guest rooms were spotless and well appointed. Nice soaking tub and shower. Very comfortable beds and quiet rooms. The pool and hot tub were great as was the separate steam and sauna rooms in the mini-gym. Cleaning staff were friendly and left immaculate, well stocked rooms. The breakfast is a great value featuring the usual in continental breakfast foods but from day to day other options like potatoes, waffles, bacon, and eggs cooked to order were available. Also enjoyed the nightly evening receptions with the free two drink per person and hor d'oeuvres. Very friendly and pleasant bartender. Hotel has a good location, just off I-84, right across the street from Lowe's/Wally World, theatres including the IMAX, and scores of restaurants. All these are easy walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed in Boise over Easter weekend and were very impressed by this hotel - especially for the price! We stayed in the family suite which worked perfectly for my husband and I and our 16 year old nephew. There was a separate bedroom with bath in addition to the large normal hotel style room with another bathroom. The bathrooms were really nice with separate toilet and shower areas. There is a complimentary hot breakfast available as well as appetizers and free beverages in the evening. That alone saved us a ton of money. It was also centrally located for dining, movies and shopping. Not much in the way of scenery but overall it was a great stay.

Boise
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

Our visit was an overnight Birthday party for my 12 year old and 5 of his friends. I confirmed that check in was at 3:00 but at 4:00 when we got to the hotel, I was informed it would be another 20 minutes or so because they were really busy yesterday. The hotel danced around the issue when I asked for compensation but said we could use the room next to ours to change. I was handed vouchers for b-fast and evening reception but not given any information about them like make sure the kids all have shirts on. Even though I was told that some one would come get me when the room was ready no one ever did, when I went out to ask if it was ready I was told "I'm sure it is" We entered into the evening reception after leaving the pool and the "bartender" rushed over to let us know the 2 boys without shirts would need to leave. So up we went to get shirts. I did not see any signs but there could have been something it was too dark to tell. While the kids were dishing up cheese from the evening snack bar ( not what I was expecting from all the rave reviews) one of them dropped a plate "that's why we don't like the little kids getting their own stuff" he said. Well they are 12, and accidents happen. By that time I was grateful for the free drink tickets. The breakfast was not the best quality and the line was so long to get food. They ran out of milk and juice. I felt like the hotel was understaffed and the staff that was there was just rude. I had to ask for a receipt at check-out and was not asked how my stay was because I would have let her know. We usually stay at the Ameritel across the street and recommend it to family and friends visiting, I think that is what we will continue to do.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, eCommerce Marketing Manager at Oxford Suites Boise, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Thank you for your review. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and we are truly sorry that, in your case, we did not meet our goal. We will review your concerns with the staff members involved. If we can assist further in anyway, please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager, Loren Long.
Wash state
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

Some of the best service that I have had at any hotel.
All were very friendly, professional and nice. The general manager met us at the airport with our bags when they were left behind in the storage room.
The rooms are 4 star quality - very clean, well maintained with great beds & pillows.
We really enjoyed the morning breakfast (free) with made to order eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruit and much more.. Very nice indoor pool room as well as the dry sauna & steam rooms. Next trip to Boise, we will stay here again!!

Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

My family (son, daughter, son-in-law, and baby grandson) have stayed at Oxford Suites several times on our visits to Boise, and we have never been disappointed. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished. The hotel is within walking distance of the Edwards theater complex, many restaurants and fast food places, and a Wal-Mart. At the reception they had Swedish meatballs and a vegetable and cheese tray. Each person gets a coupon for two drinks (soft drinks, beer, or wine). There is a full breakfast in the morning with eggs cooked to order, cereal, pastries, bagels, pancakes, and fruit. The free wi-fi was OK, tended to disconnect, probably not to be trusted for important online transactions. The room had a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. We have never had time to use the pool, but it looks nice. Access on and off the freeway is easy, and it's a quick hop downtown on the connector. We did get some traffic noise so light sleepers might want to ask for a room facing away from the freeway. We saw every age and type of traveler there, including families with children. Great place, looking forward to our next visit.!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

I'd never heard of Oxford Suites but back in mid Jan after 13 hours on my way to Vancovuer, I took the exit off I-84 and saw the hotel. The room rate was a deal and the facility was fantastic. You won't belive how nice the staff is and the rooms have great beds and incredible bathrooms. Free breakfast was a real plus.

On my way back from Vancouver I planned my trip so I could stay there again. This is a great location with plenty of restaurants and shopping near the hotel. My only wish is that there were more of these "Oxfords" around the country. AA+

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business