“Exceeded my expectations! :-)”

Oxford Suites Boise
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Boise
California
“Exceeded my expectations! :-)”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

From the minute I phone this hotel until the minute I left, I was wowed by their many benefits. The inside decor in the lobby and room was that of a 4 to 5 star hotel. The customer service was very helpful and friendly. I was accommodated with shuttle service to and from the airport and my business meeting. The free breakfast in the morning had many options and all tasted good. The best part of the hotel was their orthopedic bed. I tend to toss and turns while on the road, but not in the Oxford Suites bed. I slept all night through, which made for a great business meeting the next morning. I would highly recommend this hotel. This type of service is usually found only in the very expensive hotels. Thanks to all that made my trip successful!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I stayed here with my daughter for a weekend, it was posh, comfy and wonderful. My daughter and I loved the breakfast, cocktail hour and the pools. Very modern and comfortable. Great customer service and centralized location. I am booking a trip for my mother for four days here in May at this hotel, I think she will love it. Would recommend this hotel and stay again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Corporate eCommerce Manager at Oxford Suites Boise, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
On behalf of Oxford Suites Boise, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such kind words regarding our hotel. We take pride in every Oxford Suites hotel and we truly hope that every guest has the experience that you so aptly described. Again, Thank you and we look forward to serving your travel needs in the future!
USA
Reviewed January 14, 2010

The service in this hotel, from the time I was picked up in the shuttle at the airport thourgh check in, to the excellent complimentary breakfast, and the rapid check out, was exemplary. I was a conference presenter here. The technical support from the hotel was relaxed, yet so very competent. The breakfast and evening hospitality room exceeded expectations for a suite hotel. The room was clean, well-equipped. Great beds. The location is convenient to at least 12 restaurants, though they are mostly brand restaurants. Stores, movies, bowling, and more are within walking distance. If you are looking for a view, there is not much to recommend at this location.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank hank1USA
On behalf of Oxford Suites Boise, I want to thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review of our hotel. We strive to deliver exceptional service at an affordable rate and are very pleased that your experience, both as a conference presenter and as a valued guest, was a good one. Thanks again!
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Used to stay @ an Oxford in Roseville, California until it changed ownership & name (now Orchid Suite). This hotel reminded me of that place when it was under the Oxford name & management.
Nothing special or outstanding, but nothing bad enough to rank a less than average rating. A guests needs are properly attended to.
Most likely we will still here again when we return to Boise.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Vail_Man
Portland, OR
Reviewed December 1, 2009

My wife and I were driving through Idaho with our two Golden Retrievers and needed a place near Boise to stay overnight. After checking TripAdvisor reviews and the hotel's pet policy, we booked a room at the Oxford Suites. We were not disappointed. This may be the nicest place we've been able to stay with our dogs.

The rooms at the Oxford Suites are spacious, and the glistening marble-tiled bathroom seemed almost as large as the bedrooms at some other hotels we've stayed at. The bed and pillows were pretty much perfect... to the extent that we didn't want to get out of bed the next morning to continue our trip, putting us an hour behind schedule. The shower had excellent water pressure, the towels were soft and seemed to be very good quality, the bed linens were superb. The room also included a table and chair, a comfy reading chair, a refrigerator, and a wet bar. We heard very little noise from outside the room, so either the walls are well soundproofed or there was nobody else staying in the vicinity of our room. A hot breakfast buffet with made-to-order eggs is included for all guests, as is a nightly reception (except Sundays).

Why didn't I rate this five stars? Mostly because that rating should be for places which are perfect, and there were a couple of minor things which kept me from calling it that. The biggest issue we had was the wireless internet connection that would occasionally drop the connection (on both of our laptops). Other minor issues were a small place where the wallpaper was stained and the towel bar had been bent by a careless prior guest. These blemishes were barely noticeable, but in combination with the spotty WiFi connection were enough to bring it down below five stars. Even so, we will plan to stay here every time we stay in Boise.

Overall, we found Oxford Suites to be an excellent value with large rooms and small prices. Even with a somewhat high pet fee (times 2 for two dogs) we paid about the same as we normally would for a lesser hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PlazMan
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Why the Oxford Suites Boise is considered a 3-star hotel is beyond me! Seriously, I only stayed two nights, but wish it had been a couple weeks. I traveled to Boise from Santa Barbara. I had no expectations but only past reviews to go on. I'm so happy I chose Oxford Suites/Boise.

My son drove me to the SB Airport and dropped me off at the curb. I said: "If nothing goes wrong, it's NOT an adventure". He shot back as only a young 23-year old can: You WILL have an adventure!"

He was right--but it wasn't with the hotel! Within 10 minutes, it was announced that my flight to LAX was canceled due to mechanical problems. No connections were possible, as the mechanic had to drive up from LA. I made a mad dash for the ticket agent, and she let me call (1) My real estate agent (I was house hunting and he was picking me up at BOI), and (2) Oxford Suites/Boise.

The hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. Melissa had originally taken my reservation when I called directly a week before. There was a Fall special--nice! She also put me on the top floor and away from any ice machines for absolute quiet. I arrived late (6 PM) instead of 2 PM 'cuz of plane delays, but they couldn't have been more friendly.

Everything was perfect! The room squeaky clean. The bathroom incredibly plush with large tub and separate shower. But the bed! I was in heaven and slept like a baby. I was thrilled I had one more night in that bed. Triple sheets too--and a very cozy down comforter. I didn't make the nightly beer or wine events as I was spent every minute looking at houses to buy. But they would have been fun to attend.

The free hot breakfast was incredible! Eggs made to order, cooked potatoes and english muffins with plenty of OJ (my coffee). Just good food to hit the house-hunting trail! I was so grateful as we had no time for lunch.

Every employee at this Boise hotel took personal responsibility to make sure I had an awesome stay. The front desk was incredibly attentive, and they even offered a room with computers (near the breakfast room downstairs) so I could catch up on my emails early in the morning.

Yes, I was house hunting, and that was fun but still stressful. The whole adventure could have been one I'd gratefully forget, but it was awesome. I loved Boise, I found my house at a very reasonable price (will make offer soon), but the star of the whole Boise visit was the Oxford Suites. Yep, I was exhausted the first night (airports all day), and tired the 2nd night after house hunting. But I wish I could have stayed at least one more night. I slept that well.

*Chuckle* I did ask the lady at the front desk the brand name of the king mattress. She had it tucked away in a drawer, as I guess, I wasn't the ONLY satisfied guest to ask. They also are pet-friendly. Yippee! They offer pet stays for only a $25 NON-refundable fee no matter how many nights. I will stay at the Oxford Suites at least one more night before I move into my new home. Can't wait to go back! I'm writing the GM a personal letter of gratitude for such a memorable stay.

One question: Is everyone in Boise as friendly as I found? Locals actually handed me their cell phones during the plane ride to Boise and later at the airport when I mentioned I was meeting my agent outside and I had no idea what he looked like. (We had only emailed and talked on the phone.) One (local) lady laughed when I said I was looking for a "Green SUV". She said, "Jeez, everyone seems to have one of those around here!"

If this was a movie, I'd give it thumbs up! Way up! This was a 5-star experience for me. On a scale of 1-10--with 10 being perfect. I'd give Oxford Suites/Bose an 11... it was that good!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank IdahoHouseHunter
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This hotel is worth the stay...can't say enough good things about it. Very well appointed, clean, staff very friendly and helpful. You will receive two drinks, either beer or wine with hot and cold appetizers late afternoon in a relaxing atmosphere . Hot breakfast was very good and both were included in the price! Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple