“Best hotel of our entire trip!”

Oxford Suites Boise
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed July 24, 2014

After a long day of driving my daughter and I stopped here. The hotel is right off the freeway so it was easy to get to. The people at the front desk were amazing and so attentive. Our room was perfect. It was at the end of the hall and close to the freeway, but we were not bothered by any road sounds that night. In the morning we had made to order eggs which were very good. This hotel was the nicest place we stopped along our trip for the price we paid. I plan to put Oxford Suites on my list of hotels to stay in in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you like a clean and functional room for business stays, try the Oxford Suites. My first stay was memorable for all the good reasons (helpful staff, clean rooms, etc.). Would also be good for recreational travel as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here while our son played in a baseball tournament, and we couldn't be happier with the hotel. Easy access to many locations: freeway, huge movie theater, mall, airport, etc. Rooms were spacious with a great bathroom with separate shower and tub and water closet. The free breakfast is amazing with lots of choices including made to order eggs and omelets. Plus, there is a free evening social with drinks, including beer and wine (each guest gets two drinks a night), and light appetizers. Finally, a good fitness center and pool area. I will definitely stay here when I am back in Boise!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Friendly staff, spacious comfortable rooms (including the bed), nice evening reception and probably the best included breakfast we've had. The hotel was sold out & right by the freeway, but the rooms were quiet. Many restaurants and movie theatre in walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love this hotel. Beautiful and the price is right. Oxford suites anywhere offers "happy hour" with 2 drinks and appetizers as part of the stay. But here, the attendant/bartender was exceptional. Thank you for your cheerful and helpful care. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through on our way to Portland. We arrived to find that we were guests of the day! When we arrived we got free water bottles, chocolate, and cookies. We also got a free upgrade to the extended stay bell tower suite. The room was very impressive. 2 TVs, kitchenette, work desk for two. The balcony was cozy and clean. The staff was exceptionally nice throughout our stay. Being guest of the day definitely caused me to enjoy the stay more, but it was still a very nice hotel for its price and I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Boise, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

We are so pleased you and your companion enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We picked this hotel based on the great reviews. We had a few disappointments. When making my reservation I specifically asked if the weekend we were staying was busy at the hotel and was told "no, that the hotel was mostly booked with government workers who tend to be quiet." The reason I always ask ahead is if a hotel has large gatherings of people for special events they tend to dominate the hotel. I don't know what was meant by "government workers" but the hotel was filled with large groups of people and we heard doors slamming and kids screaming and running around until midnight.
The evening was reception was nice with wine and beer but the "appetizers" were gone by 6:30pm both nights.
The breakfast would have been nice if there wasn't a line out the door both mornings and no place to sit even when we did get our food. It was loud and filled with kids running around.
On the afternoon I attempted to go to the pool, an outside door was propped open and after a while the people with 3 rowdy kids used 10 pool towels and left out the door and got in a car. Most hotels have cameras into the public areas of the hotel so I did not see it as my responsibility to be the pool police and report anything to the front desk but it made me feel very unsafe.
This hotel is at least 15 minutes from downtown and our view was of Lowe's and Walmart.
While the hotel appears clean, the windows were filthy and my white socks turned black within 5 minutes from the carpet. That is unacceptable because there is no way that much dirt could be on guest shoes by the time they walked through a lobby, elevator and long hall to the rooms.
And as mentioned, there is only one switch that turns on the bathroom light and fan as well as the light in the separate toilet room.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the first floor unless you want to hear kids running to the pool.