“a bit surprised”

Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Boise
st paul
“a bit surprised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Not as good as I thought it would be.
First, this is an airport hotel, nowhere near downtown Boise. Not a big deal but be aware.
The hotel was clean, everyone was very friendly and helpful. The decor was average, faux renaissance more or less.
We would stay again with no hesitation yet we will try other hotels closer to downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Florence, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Jennifer was so helpful and friendly! She gave excellent advise on places to eat and was very knowledgeable about the available beers and wines. We love her. Don is an awesome breakfast cook. Always enthusiastic and friendly. A great way to start the morning. The front desk people were very helpful. I love this hotel and staff . I highly recommend it!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night and vowed to return again soon. We were greeted nicely and given free drink coupons to use at the bar. Our room was nice and comfortable. But the best thing about our stay was the breakfast. We were offered eggs prepared to order and a great selection of sides to go with it. The chef was exceptionally friendly and made our meal fun. Thanks for a great stay. You must come to Boise soon.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is best in case a group of kids are there using the pool. The chef gave us this tip.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary V
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights fri-sun. We arrived around 1pm and our room was ready. I was scared at first because our room was right infront of the elevators on the 3rd floor. I honestly did not hear anything. I loved the mini kitchen. The fire place was an awesome touch. The bathroom door was a bit odd but loved the separate toilet. My only complaint is the shower head. It really needed to be cleaned. The breakfast was good. The cook was really nice. I love how they have to go boxes! Its a good location. Close to everything. l havent gone to Boise since 04 and wow have they added so many restaurants and shops! Plenty to choose from. Definitely will try and stay at Oxfords where ever we go next.

1 Thank jandm7
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

A very pleasant surprise, from the lovely lobby with burning fire, to the huge room with sofa and coffee table, to the separate toilet room and separate shower, to the lovely lounge and breakfast buffet with a cook to custom-prepare your egg order. I thought this was the best price-quality combination I have ever stayed in.
The only negative for me was charging for my dogs, unlike the very good Hampton Inns. Given the choice, I would still choose Oxford every time.

4 Thank William O
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I were in Boise recently and stayed at the Oxford Suites. Prior to our visit, I spoke at length on the phone to Loren who patiently answered all of my questions about the room. It was exactly as he described and very nice with a lovely fireplace, beautiful and spacious bathroom and comfortable bed. I am an interior designer and enjoyed the elegance of the lobby, restaurant and room. We much appreciated the complimentary cocktails and appetizers the evening we arrived and the hot breakfast cooked to order in the morning. And to top it all off the customer service was excellent with every person we encountered. We will definitely be back when returning to Boise.

2 Thank cherglobal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Overall, we loved staying here! Well appointed room that our family of 6+ our dog were very comfortable in. The breakfast was incredible! Only a couple minor bumps in our stay, the breakfast didn't start until 7am (we were hoping to be on the road by then) and the outside doors aren't accessible, even with our room keys, until 7am. Made early morning vehicle loading and dealing with dogs a bit inconvenient. But, we will be back! Loved our stay!

• Stayed December 2013