“Nice experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 783 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Swiss, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th and Idaho
victorville ca
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is one of those places you are glad you experienced, but probably won't go back to. First of all, it is expensive. I wish there was just a cheese and chocolate package, but sadly I did not see that. When you go with your group, you must all decide to have the same thing because you are sharing a pot.
We ordered the cheddar cheese, which was good. It is served with three types of bread, raw veggies and a Granny Smith apple. Melted cheese is delicious so that is the only thing I can say about this course. Delicious. The salads were all good as well. The main course is where I have a problem. You are boiling your meat in broth (gross!) and it takes forever to finish. I grew tired of waiting two minutes between each bite. That becomes frustrating! And it is expensive!

Luckily, they save the best for last and this lifts the mood. CHOCOLATE...yummo. We got the Turtle crunch and it was to die for. It is served with cheesecake, red velvet cake, marshmellows, fresh fruit and rice krispie treats. You leave the restaurant with a smile on your face after consuming the amazing desserts.

In all, I would go back only for the cheese and chocolate. The main course was a huge disappointment.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Boston, Massachusetts
“Interesting Night Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

This was my first time visiting the Melting Pot. My boyfriend and I went here to celebrate my birthday. It was a really interesting, different way to dine out. I really liked getting to prepare the main fondue course ourselves. The cheese and dessert fondue were the best part of the meal. I ordered "the Vegetarian" as my main course which included a selection of tofu and vegetables and I really enjoyed it. The only thing I did not like was the salad that came with the entree. It had a really strong fishy taste. It is a pricey restaurant, but worth it for a fun night out.

For a more in-depth review of this restaurant and others, please visit:

• Visited September 2011
Boise, ID
“Nice evening, good food, good service, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you are looking for a nice evening out with friends, this is it! Service is not easy to find in Boise, so if you are looking service, this is a great night. Food was great, server was knowledgable and appropriately attentive. Nice wine selection. Overall an unexpectedly nice experience.

• Visited December 2011
Salem, Oregon
“Fondue is In!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have only been to one other Fondue restaurant but the Melting Pot is not your 50's style fondue. We had the four course special which I strongly recommend for the value and the variety. The wine selection was also extensive and certainly compliments the cheeses. Can't wait to go again. The servers were very informed about all the selections and were fun to interact with.

• Visited December 2011
Pendleton, Oregon
“Great Dessert Fondue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

While visiting Boise recently, we stopped a family on the street and asked for their recommendation for dessert. Without hesitation, they all said "The Melting Pot!" We had the white chocolate creme brulee fondue. Lots of fresh fruit, brownie bites, pound cake, and even rice krispy bites to dip in the sauce. The only problem was that the "small" size really feeds four, but the two of us managed to eat it all! The new owner stopped at our table and spent at least 10 minutes chatting with us. Great staff, nice decor.

• Visited January 2011