“LOCATION”

Howard Johnson Boise Airport
Ranked #48 of 58 Hotels in Boise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was all set to leave a great review and then saw some of the comments by other customers. Surprisingly, our stay went REALLY WELL (compared to the other reviews I read). The room was extremely clean and the bed was super comfortable. The location isn't great (behind a Lowe's), but the price was SO RIGHT. We just wanted a clean and affordable place to stay on our road trip to Washington and that is what we got. The front desk was also extremely friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was simple but adequate (waffles, toast, bagels, muffins, a few cereals, and juice).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Boise Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for this review so other travelers know of your experience at our hotel. It is so good to know that you enjoyed your visit.
We truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager
pocatello
Reviewed April 14, 2014

So from 04/11/14-04/14/14 my wife and I stayed at the Howard Johnson motel that is right by the highway in Boise. It is right behind Walmart and Lowe. Now I will say that at first we were afraid that this trip was going to be horrible. I was worried from the different comments that were made about it previous of us arriving to the motel. We found it to be good for the most part because it did fulfill our needs. Also, I will say that they should clean the swimming pool, or put a swimming pool cap over it so that it wouldn't get filthy again. Also there are signs through out the property that says no smoking. I am sorry but they didn't truly follow through with their policy on account you could smell smoke outside and it is suppose to be a smoke free location. Now in the room we found it to be fine just for our needs on account we live and travel on a budget. Yet, we found that there was wall paper coming off and the water wouldn't heat up immediately instead we had to wait for a few minutes. Also, the service was good and they did try to help us when it was possible the only thing I believe they should change is the idea that the cell phone caused the card keys to stop working. Come on I wasn't born yesterday. I traveled with my mom to Salt Lake and suffered the same exact issue and at the time there was no cell phones with any of us. This was a poor excuse for poor service on their part even though they were able to fix it a couple of times. I will say that the other issue I had at least was that there are people that live there. To me it feels kinda awkward having a person live right next door to your room. What I found the most intimidating is that when my wife and I were coming back from dinner, we say a bunch of Mexican men standing in front of our room. Now I don't know the reason why they were there but it seemed kinda wrong in a way. Now I am not racist I am a Mexican American but that too me was not very pleasing to see. Breakfast was fine and the majority of the service that they gave was fine the only thing they should better is changing the towels out. Also the noise level was not horrible even with the highway we stayed at the front and we stayed by the highway we hardly heard the cars. The air conditioning unit did work also. Also the service people were good and fast. They seemed happy for the most part which is good. The location of the motel is alright even though I don't prefer being behind a couple of super markets. Yet, they were close enough to the activities that we wanted to go to.
Now at the end of the day for the first time at Boise, Motel Howard Johnson did a good job. They did feel our immediate needs and it is just an average motel nothing special about it. For the future we probably will not return to it.

Room Tip: Don't have high expectations, just look for the necessities.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that our hotel did not meet you expectations. Your comments are very important to us so we can address the issues you mentioned. Any time you visit us and wonder why certain people are close to your room, always call us so we can investigate. The ones you mentioned were guest. I apologize if you felt uncomfortable.
We appreciate you business and wish you safe travels.
Gloria M. Brown