“Nice room bad location”

Howard Johnson Boise Airport
Ranked #49 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Staff was good rooms nice took forever to find in the night no signs that lit up and hidden overall worked for our purpose.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

I am so sorry you had trouble finding our hotel. I will discuss lighting with the owners so they can take this into consideration as we continue to renovate and upgrate. Thank you for your comments and for choosing the Howard Johnson in Boise, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

At a very good location, clean room, and good food - I especially like that you are serving soup at night.
However the room was in need of repair. When you enter the switch by the door does nothing. I have stayed at this HoJo's three times now and every room has had electrical challenges. I understand that you just purchased it this year but besides the switch the lamp beside the bed on the right side as you stand at the foot of it did not work. The microwave also did not work as it was not plugged in and the could not reach the nearest outlet. As I am handicapped I am appreciative that you gave me a room on the ground floor that was close and convenient. .
You have improved the breakfast experience since I was there last.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your review, as you mention we are new owners and striving to make upgrades to the entire property in order to have a better accommodation and service. Your review certainly will help us see what the guest sees and experiences in the room. I'm sorry that you had these problems, our maintenance and housekeeping will take this seriously as they make improvements. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our stay at your hotel was AWFUL! the whole place was filthy, that thing they called a swimming pool was even filthier and colder than an ice bath. There were cigarette burn holes in our bedding and to top it all off, our door handle somehow locked us in our room and we had to actually climb out the window!! We will most likely NEVER book anything with you again. At least the staff was decent. Too bad they have to work in such an awful place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we are beginning a renovation and things should be much better soon. I apologize for the condition of this room and I do appreciate you letting us know the conditions. We will strive to make things better soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke when we first walked in. There were white spots on the carpet, hair in the bed, the leg on the table was about to fall off. There was a VHS player in the room that was broken and unusable. The pool was cold and being right beside the freeway was very loud. When you touch the paint on the walls it felt sticky. This hotel was not up to Howard Johnson standards and I was shocked by what I expected to be a nicer hotel. My daughter is Wyndham employee so that is the reason we chose this hotel. Next time we will go somewhere else even if it costs a little bit more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

I am so sorry that your did not have a good experience at our hotel. We are renovating and improving the hotel and your comments are so important, it tells us what we need to do to meet guest expectations. It is my belief that your were given a room that has not been renovated and should not have been rented. We do appreciate your business and your review. I will discuss this matter with the staff and we will strive to give the service that everyone deserves.
Again, I am sorry that your were not pleased.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The rooms seem recently renovated, although the air conditioner and door nobs are a bit outdated. It was kinda tough finding the place at night as the location is hiding behind some department stores and thick trees. Breakfast was great! The beds were very comfortable. Big screen tv with lots of channels. The rooms were easy to find. Lots of parking conveniently by almost all the rooms. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank GeoLady86
Gloria B, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. Renovations are ongoing so the items you mentioned should be repaired/replaced soon. So glad you enjoyed the breakfast, please plan to visit us again soon. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Friendly staff. Got in late at night and got misdirected to room (rooms had handwritten numbers: generally not a good sign).

Acceptable but slightly dumpy. I only paid $61.69, so I shouldn't overanalyze.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
2  Thank Bill B

I am sorry that you were not pleased with your recent stay at our hotel. The hotel is being renovated so new room numbers and directions will be installed soon so future guest will not have so much trouble finding their room. Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your business.