“Fun place to visit”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun place to visit”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I took my kindergarten class on a field trip here. We had a great time! When we went, it was not that busy and so it was easy to move around and see the animals. Staff was friendly. As it is a small zoo, there is not too much variety in the animals. The kids favorites were the giraffes, tiger, and lions. For a small zoo it is great. Because of the size, only a few hours are needed to see everything.

Visited April 2014

Boise, Idaho
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Don't let the small size fool you... this zoo is BIG fun”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

They have made EXCELLENT use of every corner of this zoo. Fun, fun, fun! This zoo is extremely kid-friendly & the adults will also enjoy it. The layout has a lot of twisty, windy paths with fun things for kids to do at every corner. Also, they have several face-to-face animal adventure such as hand-feeding the giraffes, an open wallaby exhibit, goat petting zoo, and butterfly pen. There is a lot of shade trees so this is good place to visit on a hot day. If you are looking for a half-day adventure in Boise (with kids) then I recommend adding Zoo Boise on your list.

Visited June 2014
Boise, Idaho
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun Zoo!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My family have had a ZooBoise membership for years. Even though my kids are now teenagers, we still love visiting the zoo. We've enjoyed seeing the snow leopard kittens and the new anteater is my favorite. I really like the opportunity to feed some of the animals.

Ormeau, Australia
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“I really loved this zoo!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is by no means a large zoo in comparison to many others I have seen, but it did make for a fun day out. It has alot of different animals that I hadn't seen in other zoos. I felt I could get up closer to the animals at this zoo in comparison to larger zoos over the world. Definitely worth a visit if in the Boise area.

Visited July 2013
Idaho
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun time for the kids”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a nice little zoo! My kids always enjoy spending a day here. It has always been well kept and it is easy to get around. The gift shop has some fun stuff for kids of all ages. Some of the exhibits seem a bit small, but they do what they can with the space they have. There are lots of stuff for the kids to touch, and play with. M kid always like the big set of fox ears, and the glass domes in the praire dog exhibit. Over its a fun experience I would recommend. Also the zoo is right by a nice park and in the summer the rose garden is really close and it is beautiful to walk through and see all the different types of roses.

Visited March 2014

Been to Zoo Boise? Share your experiences!