“Excellent urban hiking”

Ranked #20 of 133 things to do in Boise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I discovered this on the Visit Boise site and bought a map to the trails at REI. Hiked both mornings I was in the city, solo, and never felt like I could get lost, or that I was in danger as a solo hiker. Lots of great hills, views, varied trails, many that looped around. An excellent workout, which can be as short or as long as you choose. Highly recommended.

1  Thank RundleRock

Reviewed December 21, 2012

There are so many trails in Boise - it is awesome to go tromping about in the foothills. not sure if the table rock walk is in the trail system, but it is a must do if you like long, gentle hikes.

2  Thank EllieHunt
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Varied trails great for walking, running or biking. You get to see Bois from all angles. Especially the Boise river

Reviewed November 1, 2012

These trails are amazing!!! I highly recommend mountain biking and hiking these trails. My favorite trails are in Polecat Gulch, Hull's Gulch, and the trails behind Reserve.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am visiting the Boise area and just returned from a trail run in the Hulls Gulch / Camelsback Reserve. There are a plethora of trail options in this park that seems like one could spend a lifetime exploring. I went out for a nice eight mile loop that provided a good overall workout, beautiful scenery looking out over the Boise area as we climbed into the hills, and a gorgeous sunset. There were plenty of hikers, runners, and mountain bikers on the trails, and I can see why with so much variety here, but everyone shared the space and were most friendly. I will look forward to exploring more trails in this reserve next time I come to Boise.

Been to Ridge to River Trail System? Share your experiences!