“Convenient to HP site”

Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Boston, Massachusetts
“Convenient to HP site”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a couple times a year ever since 2005. Have also stayed at the Carlson Inn Suites just off Eagle Rd and maybe halfway to the freeway, the Hilton Garden Inn in Eagle, the Residence Inns on Lusk and Denton, and the TownePlace Suites on Eagle Rd just south of the freeway. But I generally prefer the SpringHill Suites because of its close proximity to HP.

The free breakfast has quite a decent selection of food, the exercise room is clean and the equipment well maintained, the beds and pillows are comfy, the staff is invariably friendly and helpful, the rooms have always been spotless, and the heating and AC has always worked flawlessly. My head typically hits the pillow shortly after 10 pm, and it's only been on rare occasions when some rowdy teens (the hotel is popular with Little League and high school groups) or inebriated individuals have disturbed my sleep with shouting and/or door slamming - and that can happen in almost any hotel, including spendier ones.

Room Tip: I request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors, midway between elevators and end-stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Andrea O, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Boise, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for the kind words about Springhill! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us and enjoy all the amenities we offer! We are looking forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed here to break up a road trip from Spokane to Salt Lake.
The room was cozy and clean. We enjoyed relaxing by the fireplace off of the lobby.
Although it was out of our way (on the east side of the city), it was worth it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! Hope you enjoyed your road trip to Salt Lake. So glad that you enjoyed sitting by our fireplace in the lobby! We hope to see you again next time you are in the Boise area.
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed January 13, 2014

So hubby and I wanted to get see the kids and the grandson for the weekend, we found a great deal for this hotel and although we had never stayed here before we have driven by it and always thought it looked nice. Well Im telling you it is!! By the time we got to town i wasnt feeling very well, darn flu bug!! They very nicely let us check in very early at no additional cost...thanks a millon Springhill!! The room was differently set up than most but very cool. Sofa sleeper, very cool! Lots of extra pillows and full size ones too. Extra blanket was there. Not enough towels so we asked for a few more and got them asap. The breakfast the next morning was fine. A little crowded getting to everything due to the design of the room but nothing to bad. We would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad that after all the times of driving by, you stayed with us on your recent visit to Boise. Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well upon arrival. Hope it didn't last the whole time you were here. Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Boise!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed December 9, 2013

From check-in to check-out, a wonderful experience. The weekend rate is great for a get-away close to the many things Boise has to offer, to lovers of culture and lovers of the great outdoors alike. From the hotel, you can see the park-like campus of the Headquarters of Hewlett-Packard, and mountains where great powder skiing awaits you less than an hour's drive away.

Friendly and accommodating staff -- from front desk help, to maintenance people, to breakfast servers.And speaking of breakfasts...WOW. hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with meat, yogurt, a wide variety of breakfast pastries including croissant, hot cereal with many different topping choices (cranberries, raisins, 2 kinds of nuts, chocolate chips, cold cereal,fresh fruit, (and on some days, waffles)...definitely a wide variety to suit both health nuts and those who need a lot of sugar to get going!

The lobby and hallways are clean and beautifully decorated. The current motif of sea-green and light blue patterns with dark wood mosaic is carried into the hotel room and its clean, well-maintained porcelain bathroom. In the King suite, the tub and toilet are separate from the bathroom sink and vanity, reducing waiting time if you are sharing the room with someone.

The kitchenette was clean, with a sink, refrigerator with freezer, microwave, coffeepot. Materials for making coffee decaf coffee and tea are supplied daily. Guests will be able to save money by cooking lunches and dinners here (the most important meal of the day, breakfast, is on the house, as mentioned above). I would recommend bringing real flatware and dishes, so you won't have to use plastic -- just bring some dish-washing liquid and paper-towels or a few dishcloths. There is enough hot water and space to clean them up.

No complaints about the bed or ease of adjusting the temperature.

The first night, I felt there was too much light in the room. The next day, I made sure I'd overlapped the light-blocking drapes, put a little wad of paper in the peep-hole, and put the towels I'd brought up from the pool against the door so the light from the hall couldn't come through. That worked out fine.

And it was really nice that the pool supplies towels (they are green, to distinguish them from room towels) so that you don't have to use a towel still wet from your shower to dry off after swimming. It's not as big as the Olympic size pool at the West YMCA (which is less than a 10 minute walk away) but you can get a decent work-out in it. The real draw to the pool for me were the plentiful lounge chairs in the windowed room--it's as much a place to relax as it is to work-out.

Another thing I really liked about the pool is that it is OPEN LATE. It's always so disappointing to have to miss out on a relaxing pre-slumber swim in the pool because it closes too early to be able to access after a night out to dinner or a movie.

I'd like to come back next time I need a fairly inexpensive (weekend rates are $99) weekend-getaway.

Room Tip: They put me on the top floor...great view of the mountains and the city lights.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IreneTheAthena
Andrea O, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Boise, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for the kind and detailed review! We are so glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us! Hope you have many more weekend getaway's to Boise and that you continue to choose us when in the area!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed here on 2 separate occasions & both times were excellent. The hotel & rooms are very clean and comfortable with updated amenities. Great for pets lots of grass for potties & walks. Quiet location. I would absolutely recommend and stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PrimaDonnaDogTravel
Andrea O, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Boise, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for recommending us! We are so glad that you enjoy the comfort our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to your next visit!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Rooms were comfy, spacious, and tastefully decorated with a nice layout.Climate control was excellent - no sleepless nights from a stuffy room or noisy heater. Walls were well insulated against sound. Bed was firm and comfy, though the pillows were so thick they gave me a neckache the first night, so I slept with no pillow the next night with better results. The kitchenette was fully functional for prepping simple meals, with a larger fridge. I appreciated the real ceramic mugs and glass drinking cups.They thoughtfully had paper plates and utensils waiting in the microwave!
Very good breakfast, with ample vegetarian accommodations and good variety of choices, including a variety of fresh fruit. Please keep the 'real' oatmeal and those vegetarian sausage patties - they were yummy! Nice selection of teas (herbal blends, black, green, decaf,), hot chocolate and cider, and real milk and 1/2&1/2 and a variety of sweeteners (including stevia, honey, raw sugar, etc.)
I used the pool and workout rooms - small but adequate, well-maintained and spotlessly clean, as was the entire hotel.
Staff were pleasant, courteous, attentive, prompt, and fully competent.
Parking was ample and convenient.
The only suggestions I have are for upgrades to the computer services available to guests traveling without their computers. There was a single computer adjacent to the breakfast area, adjacent to a functional printer. However, this lone computer was frequently monopolized by guests for non-professional purposes (on-line gaming, etc.) When I finally did get on, I was surprised to see Citrix (for remote acces to VPN used by many professionals) was not installed, and security settings on the computer would not allow me to download or even use an on-line version so I could perform critical assignments for my work.
Overall, my experience was very good. I will stay here again when I return to Eagle, and I will recommend this hotel to my colleagues and friends who will be visiting the Boise/Eagle area in the future.

Room Tip: I have never had a 'bad' room here! Rooms on West side have less street traffic noise throug...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbara S
Andrea O, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Boise, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for the kind review! We are so glad that you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. We enjoy hearing that you will stay with us again as well as recommend us to friends, family, and colleagues! Thank you!
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here while taking in a event at Firebird Raceway. It is one of the closest hotels to the track.
For the unbeatable price, it can't be beat. Room was clean, breakfast was excellent, wifi was decent. My only complaint was I had to go get coffee from the front desk every day, not sure what that was about. Would stay here again, if we returned to area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and our breakfast! We hope to see you next year when races get going again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boise
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square
Hilton Garden Inn Boise/Eagle
SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boise
Hilton Garden Inn Boise Spectrum
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum

Been to SpringHill Suites Boise? Share your experiences!