“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #123 of 789 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We went to Joe's crab shack because my friends wanted to meet there and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the food I ordered a garlic bake that was on special it was delicious cooked very well, and if you like garlic it does not get much better.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Tasty food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Informal setting on the river. You can sit outside or in. Noisy. Good place for families. I had the hot shrimp in the shell appetizer as my heal. They gave me a free piece of pineapple upside down cake on honor of Mother's Day. Delicious.

Visited May 2014
Garden City, Idaho
“If you want great outdoor riverfront views...this is it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Joe's food is typical. Afterall, it is a chain. However, it you want a fantastic riverfront setting for a patio meal, this is it. Some upscale restaurants downtown Boise claim to be "on the river", but you can't really see the river...just trees. This is right on the river, with spectacular views.

• Visited June 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
“Horrifyingly awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My friend and I brought our families here for Veterans Day. They do not have veterans specials but we thought it sounded good anyways. Our waiter did not wish is happy Veterans Day after we mentioned that as the reason for our visit. He actually barely spoke to us. We were the only ones in the restaurant and could not get our drinks refilled or the check when we were done. My son got Mac n cheese and they brought it out in the plastic bag it had been microwaved in! They had me put it in a bowl!! None of the adults food was any better. I told the manager of this also and he simply said sorry. He did not take care of anything. I used to work in restaurants and I would have fired all of them if I could including the cooks. We will never be back.

• Visited November 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Disgusting diner, tasty dessert”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Came here with my husband to try the crab. We normally go to another restaurant for the seafood, but I decided we should venture out and try to find even better crab. Big mistake. I ordered the most expensive crab; the king crab legs. Oh my goodness, it was as if they had been soaked in salt water for months. I couldn't eat very much. My husband ordered the sirloin and shrimp, he hated it. He said the sirloin was super fatty and the shrimp tasted funny. On the plus side, my husband wanted to try the s'mores dessert and he loved it. I had a bite and it was very tasty. May come back here sometime for the dessert, but never for a main dish.