“Love Eddies”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Love Eddies”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I read some of the reviews and was surprized, I think maybe they had different expectations. Eddies is an old fashioned diner and what you get there is great diner food, plentiful breakfasts and friendly wait staff.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SweetlyTammi

Boise, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a disappointment! Craving a sandwich and being pregnant, my husband and I were driving down State St when he spotted Eddie's Diner and said the magic words,"they have milkshakes". Sold! We were seated at a booth with enough crumbs to use as a bread coating and so many broken crayons we could have made a rainbow. We were there a total of 2 minutes when the server came over, grabbed my husband's menu and started pulling mine out of my hands, while it was open. I ordered our sandwiches (hubby was on the phone) and she walked away, never asking what type of bread we wanted or what we wanted to drink. It wasn't until she brought our food to us did she ask what we wanted to drink. Now, disappointed and not knowing the kind of shakes they offered, I settled on iced tea. She brought my tea out, with the check, we each had 1 bite of our sandwich. Told my husband we must be her last table. A few minutes later, an older couple came in and she was incredibly nice and took care of them, educating menu items and taking the time to ensure their order was what they wanted. Once we were done eating, she walked by our table several times and didn't bother picking up the dirty dishes stacked neatly at the end of the table. The name on the receipt for our server was Server #13. With only 4 tables in that place there was NO reason for this type of service. I will never be back nor recommend this place to anybody.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank rmleigh
Phil B, Owner at Eddie's Diner, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I would like to thank you from coming to Eddie's Diner, and would also like to apologize for your negative experience. I have addressed the issue with Management and the Staff and we take personal Ownership for what happened on your visit, and want you to know this was unacceptable by our standards. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your mind about Eddie's! Thank you for the review so that we could address this issue.
Boise, Idaho
“Mediocre Breakfast Restaurant”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Average ham, eggs, hashbrowns and pancake house. Not impressive. If you're looking for average it lives at Eddie's.

Visited October 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Great breakfast in Boise”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

stopped in for breakfast on our way our of town and loved it. The staff were excellent, very friendly and attentive, the decor is really cute like an old 50's diner. The food was hot with large portions. excellent value

Visited May 2012
Meridian, Idaho
“Not too impressed with the food”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to breakfast this morning. Our orders were mixed up, and late. They were busy. The waitress was nice and they kept our coffee full.