“Local specialty market has what you didn't think you could get”

Boise Consumer Co-op
Ranked #90 of 808 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 24, 2012

From organic vegetables and hand-made chocolates to locally sourced meats and cheeses, to their newly expanded deli counter, the Co-op is where I go to find the unexpected. When I attend the Idaho Shakespeare Festival, I always stop at their deli for my picnic dinner. My companions and I choose sandwiches made from the freshest ingredients on locally baked bread, sample the cheeses from around the world, and gather a few desserts to complete the meal. The grocery section carries many organics from soap to canned goods, and a health and beauty section with many allergen-free items. I can always find interesting brands here that are not in the supermarkets. Across the street is the huge wine shop as well, with knowledgeable staff and a great selection. I make it a habit to stop here when I am in the area.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

had a lunch to go, and a big shop, before going back to ketchum. we tried the new hot food bar, and had the best chickpea dish, in coconut, and a spicey temphe dish. wonderful.
also, i had the old standard, oriental chicken salad, the 4 P pasta...always fresh and healthy.
the new look is great, and more options.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

If you like to cook, you'll find something you like at The Co-op. It might be a cheese, fresh pasta, flour, melon, kale, lean meat, wine or kitchen item. But The Co-op is more than just a building with stuff; it's a friendly market offering a shopping experience that won't be duplicated.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I got a delicious slice of lasagna at the deli to heat up in my hotel room. I was only going to eat half and I ended up eating the whole slice. Our family loves shopping and eating at the Boise Coop. Wide varierty of natural, organic, local and gluten free foods. We can find lots of tasty products our severely allergic child can enjoy.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Lots of healthy organic choices and a great wine and deli selection.

Been to Boise Consumer Co-op? Share your experiences!