“Always a Sure Thing”

Applebee's
Ranked #356 of 792 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alexandria, Virginia
“Always a Sure Thing”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The food & drinks are always first rate @ Applebee's!

Visited April 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Good Lunch...”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have the unlimited soup and salad option for lunch anymore. I ended up having a grilled chicken sandwich with a salad. It took about 15 minutes for my food to come out and the drink took longer than expected. I would like to give them a higher rating, but for the person that wants to eat lunch and get out of there, the service was kind of slow. If that didn't happen, I would definitely give them 4-Stars.

Visited April 2012
Meridian, Idaho
“Menu”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Love their low calorie items. Excellent selection and flavor!

Boise, Idaho
“Bad service, got burned and manager was apathetic”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Normally I don't review restaurants but I am this time. I ate at this Applebee's a few weeks ago and had to wait very patiently for a beer. The waitress kept saying she was going to look for it. Finally 25 min later I got it after having to ask her repeatedly, and she seemed annoyed with me. I don't know why it was too much for her to go get a beer, the restaurant at the time had maybe 5 tables? After lunch I decided to go for a dessert. I ordered the Maple Blonde Brownie. It was served on a hot iron plate and since it was not sizzling and I was not aware it was piping hot, I reached for it, the server said nothing like "Careful, it's hot" and I ended up scorching both my thumbs on the hot iron. I was in a LOT of pain. Both my thumbs were throbbing throughout the rest of the time I was there. I said something to the server, and minutes later a manager came out to see me. I said I was in a lot of pain and that the waitress should have warned me how it was. It's not like when you get fajitas or something and everything is clearly sizzling so you know it's hot. The manager was very apathetic. He asked me if I was ok. I said I would survive but that it was painful. He basically walked off that point and didn't even comp the dessert! I mean, nothing. So I had painful throbbing thumbs for about an hour after this and never got a single thing out of it, not even an apology. I am not one to raise hell so I left it at that. I would take others' advice and mine that if you go there, don't expect good service from the waiters or the manager, should an issue arise. Go there with plenty of time and a very laid back attitude, if you must go. I do enjoy the food but there are a lot of restaurants with good food and atmosphere and much better service. I won't be going back for a meal anytime soon after my experience.

• Visited December 2011
Boise, ID
“Excellant Food”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have always gotten good service and the food as always been really well prepared, quick service, and good customer service. Always someone at the front to greet you.

• Visited October 2011