“Good homemade food”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
“Good homemade food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

The prices are good, the food is excellent. If you like tamales this is your place to go.

Visited August 2011

Eagle, Idaho
“Strip mall atmosphere but good service and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

The owner's care about the service and the food. Not the best but a good value.

Visited August 2011
Boise, Idaho
“A Mexican restuarant worth eating at!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

Finally...a Mexican restaurant that I think is worth eating at. Today I ate at Los Mariachis in Boise. It is a real "Mexican" restuarant not the usual garden variety place that offers up gooped up cheesy covered beans and rice with lots of iceberg lettuce Tex-Mex fare. This is a mom & pop operation. The family hails from the state of Jalisco, Mexico. Jalisco is the home of mariachis, tequila, famous regional dances, Puerto Vallarta, Guadlajara, etc., etc. This is quintessential "Mexico" in other words.
My wife wanted fish tacos but was hesitant because it usually turns out to be breaded fish and not fresh fish. The family's son (and headwaiter) Fernando replied that it was pan fried tilapia and that breaded fish was akin to eating fish sticks in tortillas. Truer words were never spoken! The fish tacos were delicous and served up on freshly made tortillas.
I had a craving for menudo and I requested that. Menudo is a speciality dish that can easily go wrong in preparation and cooking. The menudo was excellent accompanied by those warm freshly made tortillas. I usually consider this the make or break dish for me. If the place can serve up good menudo, this means that attention to detail is important to the cook.
I chatted with Fernando and he related how using quality food is important to their cooking. It was one of the things that my wife and I noticed when we ate our dishes. My friends know that I rarely eat at Mexican restaurants and have never recommended one in the Boise area. I highly recommend this restaurant.
We will return to try the seafood on the menu. I am particularly interested in the fish soup. We are both looking forward to our return.
I am Hispanic. I grew up on Tex-Mex food. I like Tex-Mex food but I want to eat good high quality Mexican regional specialties. This appears to be the place to get great food.

Boise, ID
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homemade tortillas fresh every day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

Very reasonable prices, good food and above-and-beyond friendly service. A great place all around!

1 Thank Sauced1
Boise, Idaho
“Hola Hola Hola, That's how you get greeted here. Food is good. Not bad for Boise,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009