“Good food”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am from out of town and drove by and checked it out.They have good food, good prices and great service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Adak C

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, far from home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Being in a different city and not knowing where to eat, this was a nice surprise. Quick service and good food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sfritz50
Portland, Oregon
“Very tasty, reasonably priced, excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I passed Chapala #9 on one of the main streets, on a Sunday night, just passing through Boise. Looked very busy, which is always a good sign. Chips are served with both salsa and bean dip. My dinner was excellent--I had the Carnitias Verde. The pork was very tender, moist and very good quality. Ample portions of everything. Ten Mexican beers on the menu, served with a wedge of lime and a very cold mug. Menu is quite extensive, with many seafood dishes and various combo plates, plus all the usual you would expect. Separate, less expensive lunch menu. I think this place is a winner. Easy access with good parking.

• Visited April 2013
Missoula, Montana
“Mexican Food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We ate dinner there with a friend. She had recommended this restaurant. There are several locations in Boise and we ate at the one on Glenwood. The menu is large and varied. I had shrimp enchilada. In most restaurants you only have the choice of a plate of 2 enchiladas but at this restaurant they have a single serving which is important if you are traveling and do not want any leftovers. Also served with the chips were salsa and a bowl of beans. The service was quick and the food tasted very good. We will return to this place again when we are in Boise and I would recommend it to anyone.

Visited November 2012
Boise, Idaho
“The only place I go for Mexican food....and I grew up near the border!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Chapala's is the only place I have found that is good for this area when considering "real" Mexican food. I grew up in San Diego where there is plenty of Mexican food, plus ate in Mexico often...so I know what is real, and what isn't. Chapala's is for real.

• Visited December 2011