“Good, quiet atmosphere with excellent food and staff”

Angell's Bar & Grill
Ranked #169 of 822 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th
Transit: There are several located all around our location.
Description: Closed. Thank you for patronage Boise. However, with all of the construction and future construction we could not keep our doors open.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Delicious food, wonderful outdoor seating (seasonally), and fantastic atmosphere. If you're looking for a nicer dinner-for-two that comes in under $100.00, this place is fantastic. A medium sized menu that boasts many different food and drink options that you're not likely to find anywhere else in downtown Boise. The staff is punctual and go about their business quietly and with a smile. They scored extra points for the generous portions of great food!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Recently we had the pleasure of eating at Angells Bar and Grill in Boise, ID. Upon arriving were greeted with live music and a very pleasant host who seated us outside in an amazing patio setting.

Our server arrived nervously a few minutes later, told us the specials and left. We sat for nearly 10 min before he returned to take our drink orders and then as he began to scurry off we stopped him to place our appetizer order too.

Drinks and appetizer arrived shortly afterwards. The appetizer was very good and we were left to enjoy the music and drinks. I believe about 30 min paaed before our server returned to takE our dinner order. This may seem like a long time but we were blessed with some great live music and fabulous weather.

When dinner arrived everything looked and sMelled wonderful. But when we cut into our med/rare filet mignons I sweare I could hear the cow moooo. What a disappointment. All was taken care of but we were so looking forward to this fabulous steak. It did turn out well and we finished with more wonderful live music.

I would recommend Angells to anyone and I will try them again. We all have off days. If this happens again though I would be one not to return

On the up side this is one of the best patio settings I have been in. Very comfortable. Be sure to make reservations before going also. And request the patio.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Unlike the past reviewer, I had a great gluten free experience. I ordered the seafood butter lettuce salad. The chef also whipped up a dairy free dressing for it. It was fresh and delicious. We sat on their beautiful outdoor patio and watched our kids play on the grass. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I went here on a business trip and was plesantly surprised by the experience. From the wine list to the dinner, the service and the atmosphere the experience was solid across the board. Service was fast and cheerful, food was cooked just right and the dessert (the chocolate bomb) was to die for. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I HAVE to go here every time I am in Boise. It has become a tradition for me over the past 15 years. I love it. I would prefer a better wine selection but everything else is great. I always have fish/seafood and I am never disappointed. I will keep going back every time I am there. :)

1  Thank MsMandieMae