“We love it”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've been here many times, usually with my family (including two kids) but also sometimes for an adult lunch. I can't speak for the beer (I prefer wine), but the location is convenient for me and the food and service are good. I can bring my kids here and take advantage of the complimentary popcorn while waiting for our food to arrive. The kid's menu has some of the usual suspects but it also has some innovative and healthy choices. Their fries are seriously addictive. I usually get the jambalaya while my husband gets the shepherd's pie. I used to love the fish and chips but they changed their preparation and now I find them too heavy and oily. I love visiting here before or after visits to BAM, First Thursday, BSU events or BCT. We like it more than the RAM or Highlands Hollow. It's quieter and more comfortable and the food is tastier and more interesting.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Beer was good, surprisingly quiet for a Saturday late afternoon. Found out a little later everyone was hanging out closer to town central just a short walk up 8th street. Location, location, location.
Had their nachos which were ok, didn't stay for a second beer though, figured there had to be better.
Decent for a quick beer.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I wasn't expecting gourmet food, after all this is a brewpub, but my meal was actually pretty good and they prepared it exactly as I asked. A good selection of beers on tap although there were a couple that weren't available at the time of my visit. I had a Hopzilla beer and thought it was an excellent hoppy, full-bodied brew. Service was fast and friendly and they even let me try the beers before ordering. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

First place my family stopped for beers and a bite in Boise.
I'm not a big fan of light or hoppy beers, and yet that's all they had available. I prefer darker or malty beers, and one would think a brewpub would serve a variety of styles and flavors, but not this place. They had two stouts and a Belgian-style on the menu, but were not serving any of them. I ended up not getting a beer, but had a few little tasters and their pale and amber ales were decent, just not what I wanted.

Food wasn't that great. We just ordered a bunch of different appetizers -- onion rings, artichoke dip, and I honestly forget the others. They did the trick (filled us up), but were pretty low quality.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Besides the Hopzilla, their food is always good and the portions are large and well priced.