“Amazing BBQ !”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Loved the baby back ribs, pulled pork, baked beans, sweet potatoe casserole and the signature brownie dessert is so tasty. We have been to a bunch of BBQ joints and this ranks #1for us. Super fast, friendly service with a smile. Will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I would have to say that Good Wood is my favorite reasturaunt in Idaho!!!! When ever I go there I all ways get the house salad with no onions and honey mustard dressing... Its the best salad I've ever had!!! For the entire I get the order of baby back ribs, and sweet patatoes. I've never tasted sweet patatoes that good in my life!! There like mashed sweet patatoes with semi melted brown sugar on top. The best thing about the ribs is the tenderness and the sauce... oh just thinking about it makes my mouth water!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is the only place I order BBQ beef ribs from. They are awesome. We usually order the family platter for about $65 and feed 4 or 5 adults along with 4 to 6 kids. We always have leftovers. Their beef brisket and pulled pork is also great.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice atmosphere.. seated and waited on quickly. Service was 5 star all the way.

I got the smoked prime rib... it was pretty good, but not great. The side salad was very good, and the baked potato and veggies were fine.

Wife got the 3 meat combo (brisket, pulled pork, and turkey), and she thought it was decent, but again.. not great. She loved the sage mashed potatoes.

I smoke alot of meat, so I have a little bit of a bias here, but I think it's fair to mention.

1. While all the meat was fairly good quality, everything was a bit oversmoked. I'm almost 100% sure an electric smoker was used, as thats what it looked like behind the window to the kitchen, and also none of the meat had any kind of bark (crust) on it... which is a tell tale sign of electric smoking which does not produce the kind of chemical reaction to form any crust. The problem is just too much smoke, which makes the meat bitter.

Electric smokers are efficient, as you can control the temperatures alot better, so I'm not really faulting them for that.. but everything, again.. was just oversmoked.

I do appreciate the effort to have as much as possible home made.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Don't get me wrong this restaurant is a solid performer. Combination of price and quick service is very good. The BBQ pork was tasty but a little dry. Based on TA reviews I would have expected better. We were seated very quickly on a busy night.