“A bit disappointing after all the good reviews”

Goodwood Barbecue Company
Ranked #7 of 837 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I dined here. She was inclined to a higher rating while mine was lower so we took the average. My ribs were dry with some areas burned and the side orders were rather poor. The veggies soggy and overcooked, they and the mushrooms contained a rather overpowering amount of onions and the smashed potatoes were gluey. The pecan sweet potatoes were the exception; quite good! The pulled pork was OK, but it too was. Dry. And. Lacked some more sauce. All in, average at best.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

When I travel I always try to eat at a local BBQ restaurant , I consider myself a BBQ expert and man did I find a good one. I liked the decor and ambiance of the restaurant, but even better was the food. DAMN, it was good.

I highly recommend that you try the family combo, man, is the food good here. The meat on the St. Louis ribs just pulled right off of the bone, the pulled pork was tender and the BBQ chicken was tasty and not dry (this according to my wife because I wouldn't know because my two son's and I were sucking down the ribs and pulled pork).

If you like great BBQ please do not hesitate to stop by and pay a visit to the friendly people at Goodwood BBQ, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank dbanksiii64
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Best smoked meats, poultry, and sauce ever! Everything fresh, salads and side dishes are tasty and large sized portions are meant for sharing!

1  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The best BBQ in town. Local fresh and Yummy. Drinks are a pricey but the food makes up for it. I love the Beef Ribs, and the hand dip chicken tenders.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had dinner here during our brief stay in Boise. It was a popular place. We arrived early (before 5 p.m.) and most tables were taken. By the time we left, people were waiting to be seated.

We ordered the potato skins as an appetizer, a salad with our meal, and dinner entrees. The stuffed potato skins were excellent. Our entrees - my partner had the pulled pork dinner and I had the sweet chicken and rice platter - were good, but nothing memorable. The chicken was a little on the dry side. Corn muffins are served with dinner. The prices were very reasonable.

Our server was friendly and attentive - better than most. She timed things well and didn't rush us.

If in Boise again, we'd most likely return.