“Better than last time, if that is possible”
Review of Alavita

Alavita
Reserve with OpenTable
Alavita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 796 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ÀLAVITA is all about fresh pasta-from Agnolotti to Tortellini to Garganelli, Linguini to Pappardelle-created fresh every day. A restaurant whose name means "to life," ÀLAVITA is a great place for celebrating life with good friends and family alike. ÀLAVITA is a Locally Inspired Italian joint that will procure many ingredients from the local market, Northwest and prepare them in an Italian format in the heart of downtown Boise. Along with the full bar mixing craft cocktails, there is an array of beers and bountiful wine list to choose from. SaluteÀLAVITA...Cheers To Life!
idaho
“Better than last time, if that is possible”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

i am always skeptical of eating out..being a snob, but this meal at Alavita was better than last time.
We started with the calamari, which was the best i have ever had, then the short rib and pasta..it made you drool..not too much meat, but the flavor was out of this world..how can you beat that??

• Visited August 2014

Ogden, Utah
“One of the best!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The food was fabulous and the service was top notch. We didn't have a reservation, so we had to sit at the bar - and I was happy that we did! The bar tender was awesome and suggested some great drinks to us. It was a lovely evening with great food and great drinks and great conversation

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Mary M
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Memorable food and service”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I, joined by another couple, recently dined at Alavita with a reservation on a weeknight, before enjoying an evening with Joan Baez at the Egyptian. We were pleasantly surprised with both the quality of the food and service. Wait staff in Boise can frequently be wanting for professionalism, however our server at Alavita was very attentive and helpful, while assisting us with an injured right hand. When asked for a red wine recommendation she was quick to provide two worthy possibilities and negotiated the bottle opening quite well one-handed! Our food was prepared timely and all four entrees arrived hot. My wife and I shared the spinach salad and found it delightful for a warm summer evening. My wife's Cavatelli pasta with sausage carried the night, just edging out my friend's superbly cooked veal. We thought our booth was preferable to the floor where traffic was brisk and tight. The background music was just a bit bold for dinner conversation, but we enjoyed the nostalgic selections. We believe the owner visited our table and inquired about our satisfaction with our dinners, he remains a mystery as he didn't introduce himself. In summary, we all concluded the prices were most fair for the quality of the food and service and we will recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

• Visited July 2014
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Downtown eatery”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I decided to stop for dinner on a whim. We snagged a four top outside. I ordered an Alvita cocktail It was quite good and strong. The hubster had wine. At 8.75 a glass, he felt that was steep. I ordered a small spinach and pear salad and an appetizer of mussels. Both were excellent. To be picky, the raw onion on the salad was quite strong. The broth that the mussels were served in was spicy with peppers and onions. We had to ask for bread but when served, the bread was good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tracie M
Weston, Massachusetts
“Good pasta.... tight with the bread”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice restaurant. Good ambiance... for adults. Not really a kid friendly place (no kid menus or portions and tight tables for a family).

My pasta was good (Cavatelli). Spaghetti was not the family's favorite (complaints about the sauce).

Major negative - no bread. I hate to admit it, but one of the reasons I love Italian food is that it usually comes with great bread. We had to ask for bread, which was good, but we only received a tiny portion. What is the point of beautiful pasta if you can't have bread.

In summary. If you have kids, go elsewhere. If you want homestyle Italian food, replete with traditional sauces and plentiful bread... this isn't the place.

Visited July 2014