“Downtown eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alavita

Alavita
Reserve with OpenTable
Alavita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 789 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: ÀLAVITA is all about fresh pasta-from Agnolotti to Tortellini to Garganelli, Linguini to Pappardelle-created fresh every day. A restaurant whose name means "to life," ÀLAVITA is a great place for celebrating life with good friends and family alike. ÀLAVITA is a Locally Inspired Italian joint that will procure many ingredients from the local market, Northwest and prepare them in an Italian format in the heart of downtown Boise. Along with the full bar mixing craft cocktails, there is an array of beers and bountiful wine list to choose from. SaluteÀLAVITA...Cheers To Life!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Downtown eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I decided to stop for dinner on a whim. We snagged a four top outside. I ordered an Alvita cocktail It was quite good and strong. The hubster had wine. At 8.75 a glass, he felt that was steep. I ordered a small spinach and pear salad and an appetizer of mussels. Both were excellent. To be picky, the raw onion on the salad was quite strong. The broth that the mussels were served in was spicy with peppers and onions. We had to ask for bread but when served, the bread was good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tracie M

Weston, Massachusetts
“Good pasta.... tight with the bread”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice restaurant. Good ambiance... for adults. Not really a kid friendly place (no kid menus or portions and tight tables for a family).

My pasta was good (Cavatelli). Spaghetti was not the family's favorite (complaints about the sauce).

Major negative - no bread. I hate to admit it, but one of the reasons I love Italian food is that it usually comes with great bread. We had to ask for bread, which was good, but we only received a tiny portion. What is the point of beautiful pasta if you can't have bread.

In summary. If you have kids, go elsewhere. If you want homestyle Italian food, replete with traditional sauces and plentiful bread... this isn't the place.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank TravelwithBrown
Park City, Utah
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my first visit to Boise ID. What a neat town! Great to see some really cool restaurants and bars - especially this one. Actually, I had lunch at their other restaurant around the corner "Fork" while my husband was in a business meeting. Highly recommend the Mussels in a Thai Curry sauce. Anyway, back to Alavita. Dinner was great; our waitress was so friendly and nice; and the decor was so cool. Loved it! Apparently a lot of the decor such as the lamps hanging over the bar were created by a local artist. Well done! Food was terrific, and there was a "healthy" feel to the menu. Like Fork, I believe they try to use local produce. So great to finally find a risotto that was not made with cream (no risotto should be made with cream), and it was delicious!

Highly recommend this restaurant. We would definitely go back on our next visit to Boise!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank eniloracusa
sunnyvale1
“For Pasta lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived on a Saturday night around 8:30 and were seated immediately . Our server I believe her name was Tina was fabulous at explaining the menu. She gave us a short description of some things that we might enjoy. My husband got the angel hair pasta and really liked it. What I thought was nice about the place was that they have light pastas and sauces and heavier pastas and sauces. The breadsticks were crisp and had a great flavor. When we travel back thru Boise I would not hesitate to eat at Alavita again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank sunnyvaleSunnyvale
Boise
“Damn Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Boise struggles to support good restaurants. This place, like the Dish, are exceptions. Fresh pasts, pleasant service good cocktails acceptable but not awesome wine list, Alavita is high on the list of best restaurants in Boise. They really do a good job in delivering tasty interesting cuisine in an enjoyable atmosphere. Particuarly with the apps and deserts the restaurant really tends to be a step above Boise norms. Fresh pasta dishes are usually right there as well. While the pasta dishes are always good only a few of the 6 or 7 times we ave eaten here have they been remarkable as oppose dot just enjoyable. Salads are likewise above the norm and darn good but not great. Certainly one of the better Boise restaurants. Amazing that a good solid operation like this is connected to such a mediocre to poor operation like Fork

• Visited March 2014