“Love this place”
Review of Alavita

Alavita
Reserve with OpenTable
Alavita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 790 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ÀLAVITA is all about fresh pasta-from Agnolotti to Tortellini to Garganelli, Linguini to Pappardelle-created fresh every day. A restaurant whose name means "to life," ÀLAVITA is a great place for celebrating life with good friends and family alike. ÀLAVITA is a Locally Inspired Italian joint that will procure many ingredients from the local market, Northwest and prepare them in an Italian format in the heart of downtown Boise. Along with the full bar mixing craft cocktails, there is an array of beers and bountiful wine list to choose from. SaluteÀLAVITA...Cheers To Life!
Arizona
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Love the attention to detail. I am gluten free and they were very good about showing me what I could eat on the menu. Pasta GF was great. Had to ask for bread for the other couple because they like a lot of bread. Loved the complimentary glass of Prosecco too!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 3rjaguar

Boise, Idaho
“the worst experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

my experience at first was the best, there were a guy who served us perfectly with a friendly personality. I am not exaggerating if I said that we wanted to give him more than the tip that already counted. Our second experience we were served by a drunk rude female which gave us the worst experience ever. The manager also as well rude as he is accepting this behavior.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Abdul_boise
Tallahassee, Florida
“The real deal”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Home made pasta at its finest. A little stingy on the sauce, but great on the service. Most places overcook their pasta until it tastes like canned Boyardee. Not Alavita. A little chewy al dente and delicious. Had to ask for crushed pepper. But they furnished plenty of Parmigianna Reginana. The non Italian manager stopped by our table and spoke with us at length even though the place was full. Only improvement suggested was for them to make their own additive-free sweet Italian sausage to enhance their marinara sauce. Great little Basque restaurant across from the Basque Museum too. Along with superb Chandlers, plenty of good dining available is beautiful Boise, Idaho.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jim B
Boise
“Panini a la Roma”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I really enjoyed the wonderful shrimp panini on focacia bread served with a house salad and Alavita's Balsalmic dressing. Wow, haven't had Panini like that since visiting Rome in 2004. What a treat for Boise! I tried this place after seeing a review in Sunset Magazine, and it is as advertised and more. Wonderful decor!

• Visited March 2014
Idaho
“Interesting new place”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife insisted we try this new Italian place this time in Boise. We were walk-ins and they accommodated us in a cozy small table at the front. Great spot for people watching. The menu is quite interesting, with some ecclectic pairings (i.e. kale & garlic mashed potatoes) with veal chop. The pasta is house made and very properly cooked al dente. My wife's salmon stuffed pasta with a lemon creme sauce was very well executed. The calamari appetizer was fantastic, the most tender calamari I've ever tasted. Service was informed, pleasant and attentive.

Only negative was a server (not ours) whose long blonde hair had the appearance of being styled in a mix master, and hanging unkempt everywhere. (I'd have concerns about hair in the food)

Overall nice little new place, well decorated with good food.

• Visited February 2014