“Handmade Pasta Heaven”
Review of Alavita

Alavita
Reserve with OpenTable
Alavita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 792 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: ÀLAVITA is all about fresh pasta-from Agnolotti to Tortellini to Garganelli, Linguini to Pappardelle-created fresh every day. A restaurant whose name means "to life," ÀLAVITA is a great place for celebrating life with good friends and family alike. ÀLAVITA is a Locally Inspired Italian joint that will procure many ingredients from the local market, Northwest and prepare them in an Italian format in the heart of downtown Boise. Along with the full bar mixing craft cocktails, there is an array of beers and bountiful wine list to choose from. SaluteÀLAVITA...Cheers To Life!
Boise, Idaho
“Handmade Pasta Heaven”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is my idea of the perfect restaurant. Intimate, modern, beautiful. Oh - and let's not forget the wonderful food! Holy cow. This place makes me feel really sorry for anyone on a gluten or carb-free diet (although, they do have gluten-free pasta options, as well as plenty of salad). Their handmade pasta is so delicate, it almost melts in your mouth. I highly recommend the Pappardelle with bolognese and Garganelli with braised short ribs and arugula. The house-made Burrata is my favorite appetizer of all time - anywhere. A must-try in Downtown Boise.

1 Thank GoldenIdaho

Boise, Idaho
“Good pasta, great service”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The fresh pasta dishes were excellent and would cause us to go back. This is a very small space so reservations are strongly suggested. The appetizers are interesting; the sweet potato gnocchi was a tad disappointing as it was a bit overcooked and not anything like homemade gnocchi - almost like a dessert dish as the sauce was too sweet. The pretzel fondue was a better choice, with interesting flavors. We split a salad, which was good although underdressed, allowing the bitterness of the greens to become too prominent. The tortellini and the dish with broccoli rabe and italian sausage were both excellent. However, there is nothing to recommend on the dessert menu. We tried toe budino, it is only average. Wine prices are high for the offerings they have. Service was excellent throughout the meal. While we considered the appetizers, salad and dessert only average, the pasta entrees we selected were above average and thus the menu warrants further exploration.

• Visited October 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Fresh Food with a Fresh New Twist”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had just arrived into Boise on a late evening flight when we got a call from a local Boise resident with an offer to try a new Italian restaurant for a late dinner. We arrived to find it was still very busy with a waiting list. Once we were settled we had an appetizer of olives and grilled bread which was very tasty. We all ordered a different meal and we were all very impressed with the unusual menu and good quality and freshness of what we tried. We had Agnolli; this was stuffed salmon with capers and asparagus with a lemon sauce. It was a touch salty; for those to be aware if that is an issue; although I still recommend it. We tried "Cavatelli;" it had Italian sausage with broccoli in a tomato and cheese sauce. Our host had the "Linguine;" it was clams with a white wine sauce. The atmosphere was very nice; a little noisey; but it was busy and the restaurant is on the small side. They also have a very nice large bar. Worth trying!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jay M
Boise, ID
“Really liked this place”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We love Fork, and heard the owners opened up this place, so we decided to give it a try. It is a small place, but charming. Service has been great every time I've been.
I absolutely loved the gouda mascarpone fondue with the soft baked pretzels for an appetizer. Oh my word. The fresh mozzarella that you can spread on baguette (Burrata) is delish also.
In my three visits, I've had a salad and two types of pasta. For lunch, I had the Crisp Prosciutto and Mozzarella salad. It was pretty good, although not the best. I would probably order a panini for lunch next time.
On the two times I've gone for dinner, I ordered the Spinach Ravioli, which was very good, and the Tortellini, which was pretty good.
We will return! :)

1 Thank Bunecca
Frankfurt, Germany
“Atmosphere and food like in Italy”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Away from home and real Italian food for about 2 weeks my wife and me were desperate for some good pasta. Being new to Boise we went to Alavita - and we did not regret that at all. Nice ambiente and atmosphere in a restaurant not too big and not too small. We ordered prosciutto di Parma and olives 2 ways, excellent! Only for the olives we would suggest to find some a bit less bitter and have them a bit longer marinated. Then we had Angel Hair and Cavatelli, which I wanted to be replaced by Spaghetti. My wife was just happy with the Angel Hair as I was with my food. The salsiccia very tasty, the added vegetables perfectly cooked. Critizing on a high level: we felt that for producing the home made pasta eggs were added what we would not really want. Good wine & coffee!

Last word to the service: very attentive, informative, nice, and entertaining. We would always come back.

1 Thank TomTravelsOften