“Really liked this place”
Review of Alavita

Alavita
Reserve with OpenTable
Alavita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 808 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ÀLAVITA is all about fresh pasta-from Agnolotti to Tortellini to Garganelli, Linguini to Pappardelle-created fresh every day. A restaurant whose name means "to life," ÀLAVITA is a great place for celebrating life with good friends and family alike. ÀLAVITA is a Locally Inspired Italian joint that will procure many ingredients from the local market, Northwest and prepare them in an Italian format in the heart of downtown Boise. Along with the full bar mixing craft cocktails, there is an array of beers and bountiful wine list to choose from. SaluteÀLAVITA...Cheers To Life!
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We love Fork, and heard the owners opened up this place, so we decided to give it a try. It is a small place, but charming. Service has been great every time I've been.
I absolutely loved the gouda mascarpone fondue with the soft baked pretzels for an appetizer. Oh my word. The fresh mozzarella that you can spread on baguette (Burrata) is delish also.
In my three visits, I've had a salad and two types of pasta. For lunch, I had the Crisp Prosciutto and Mozzarella salad. It was pretty good, although not the best. I would probably order a panini for lunch next time.
On the two times I've gone for dinner, I ordered the Spinach Ravioli, which was very good, and the Tortellini, which was pretty good.
We will return! :)

1  Thank Bunecca

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Away from home and real Italian food for about 2 weeks my wife and me were desperate for some good pasta. Being new to Boise we went to Alavita - and we did not regret that at all. Nice ambiente and atmosphere in a restaurant not too big and not too small. We ordered prosciutto di Parma and olives 2 ways, excellent! Only for the olives we would suggest to find some a bit less bitter and have them a bit longer marinated. Then we had Angel Hair and Cavatelli, which I wanted to be replaced by Spaghetti. My wife was just happy with the Angel Hair as I was with my food. The salsiccia very tasty, the added vegetables perfectly cooked. Critizing on a high level: we felt that for producing the home made pasta eggs were added what we would not really want. Good wine & coffee!

Last word to the service: very attentive, informative, nice, and entertaining. We would always come back.

1  Thank TomTravelsOften
Reviewed September 5, 2013

They make the pasta in sight of the diners... Can't be much fresher! The atmosphere is fun too, lots of seating choices
Sandwiches are great too

1  Thank TravelwithAlex
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was our anniversary and it turned out very nice. The food and the service were both very good. I would recommend it.

1  Thank luv2paddle
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Another over-hyped, overpriced trendy joint with mediocre food and without question the poorest excuse for tiramisu anywhere. I was only there once so it might have improved. But I won't be back to find out. One redeeming thing - good coffee. But not enough to justify the $30 lunch check.

4  Thank Don W