“Very good”
Review of Alavita

Alavita
Reserve with OpenTable
Alavita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 835 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ÀLAVITA is all about fresh pasta-from Agnolotti to Tortellini to Garganelli, Linguini to Pappardelle-created fresh every day. A restaurant whose name means "to life," ÀLAVITA is a great place for celebrating life with good friends and family alike. ÀLAVITA is a Locally Inspired Italian joint that will procure many ingredients from the local market, Northwest and prepare them in an Italian format in the heart of downtown Boise. Along with the full bar mixing craft cocktails, there is an array of beers and bountiful wine list to choose from. SaluteÀLAVITA...Cheers To Life!
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We went right after they opened. At that time they were still working out the usual logistics that come with a new restaurant opening (with staffing and expediting food in a timely manner), but I'm sure those have been resolved by now, and it was definitely good overall. Homemade pasta was pretty good, surf and turf was also solid. Soup was the standout! Cocktails were better than most as well. Will be back.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been with a group for both lunch and dinner. We made reservations for both, however probably didn't need it for lunch. It's busy for dinner during the week and weekend. Sandwich for lunch was wonderful! Dinner and drinks was incredible! Everyone in our party had pasta with a half salad or soup. They serve fresh baked bread as well. We all loved our meal and cocktails. It was a loud atmosphere, but it didn't take away from our experience. It's great for groups, maybe a little loud for romance.

2  Thank danda913
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a newer restaurant in Boise, right next to Fork. The atmosphere is great with modern decor. It's a smaller restaurant with high demand so you need to make reservations in advance. The food was incredible! However, 1 plate isn't really share-able between 2 people. My wife and I like to share a salad and an entre to stick to a healthy portion control and a budget...don't expect to share here. But...it is well worth your time and money because it has great food, service, and atmosphere. check it!

2  Thank David M
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had to try Alavita after rave reviews from friends. We were encouraged to drop by as no reservations were available and got lucky as we were seated promptly. Service was a little slow getting started but ok once we got going. Atmosphere was a bit noisy as the large windows were open to the street and with all the traffic noise and music, conversation was a bit difficult. This improved when the windows were closed about 8. Decor is funky with multiple different lighting choices, booths, tables and the central bar. Sort of an open kitchen, but not really set up for watching the chefs. The specialty drinks were intriguing and we tried bellini, cucumber/smoke and paradiso. I would try the other choices next time. For dinner, we had the carmalized apricot salad, which had peaches substituted for the apricots, and was big enough to share. Entrees were angel hair pasta with shrimp and sundried tomatoes (excellent), halibut with sweet potato puree (the fish cooked nicely but overpowered by the sweetness of the puree), and the agnolotti pasta with salmon (our favorite). Portions were appropriate for those with reasonable appetites. We shared the vanilla budino (sort of an italian version of creme brulee) and the salty sweetness lingered on the palate paired with a good espresso. I was most impressed with the hostess pair who constantly cruised the floor, checking, I think, to see when the next table might be ready, but also bussing a bit, and occasionally delivering plates. The wait staff seemed to work as a team, seeing to everyones needs while still concentrating on their own tables. Reasonable prices for higher end dining.

1  Thank skydoc101
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We tried the new ‘Italian Joint’ out Friday, March 22nd; we were interest in a new option for dinner as we go out 2 to 5 times a week. It was a bust! We sat at the bar and were just served our appetizer when we were asked to move down a seat for a man and two ladies who were waiting for a table. They treated these folks as special guest and we were pushed aside. The entire staff treated them as special because apparently they have something to do with another restaurant on Park Center, Barbacoa. The men knocked my purse to the floor and when I said excuse me as I went to retrieve it; they looked at me and turned back around. I had to push my stool completely into the traffic area for wait staff in order to reach under their stool. He repeatedly pushed against me and my chair with his back. We did not finish our appetizer or our drink. We left and will not return. We spend a lot of money eating out and to be pushed aside was unacceptable.

8  Thank Pamela P