“The go-to coffee cafe for locals”

No photo provided
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: 208.345.4320
Boise, Idaho
“The go-to coffee cafe for locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family and I have been regulars at the Flying M Coffee House for over 5 years. The downtown Boise location is a great eclectic mix of furnishings, people, baked goods, and kitschy gift items, but it is the coffee that keeps me going back on a regular basis. The Flying M roasts their own beans at their Nampa location making their coffee super fresh. My regular drink is a large latte. They size their drinks in small, medium and large - no fancy names here! The crema and velvety milk are perfect every time, no matter which barista is working. I prefer my drink in a mug, which is the default offering, rather than a paper to-go cup if I have time because cardboard ruins the flavor. Plus, I try not to pass up a chance to people watch while I enjoy my drink. This place draws all types - young, old, professional, hipsters, families, teens, former hippies, middle aged yuppies. Prices are cheaper than almost any other coffee shop in town. My teen daughters love the Double Chocolate Smoothie, which is an cold blended, espresso fortified rich milk shake made with two types of chocolate syrup and liquid ice cream mix. On the side, I like the multigrain scone, my husband likes the granola bowl with fruit and yogurt. I also buy Flying M whole coffee beans (espresso roast) for home use. Give it a try, and don't let the line scare you off, it moves quickly.

• Visited December 2013

Cleveland, Australia
“Great coffee, great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

These guys know how to make great coffee, attention to detail. my 3 shot espresso - oh yeah it was so good, full flavour with a great crema. Hubby's 2 shot small latte - excellent also. Great place to hang out. Wish we could have stayed all day :-) keep up the great work guys. When next in Boise we WILL be back!

• Visited November 2013
portland, or
“Cinnamon Roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We went to the Flying M with 2 other families. It has a great, easy, kid-friendly ambiance. The food is great and very reasonable. We had granola with yogurt and blueberries and it was great. The cinnamon roll was amazing!

Visited June 2013
Boise
“Refreshing change from Starbucks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love Starbucks -- however, if you're looking for a departure from the exceptionally done cookie cutter, Flying M is your place. Of course, great coffee and snacks. The decor is busier, but very tastefully done. All in all, a great place to spend some time with a friend, relax with the paper, or get some serious work done on your laptop/tablet.

Visited September 2012
Boise, Idaho, United States
“great mocha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very eclectic place, Their pastry is fresh and excellent flavor. Barristas are friendly and effcient. Best coffee house in Boise.

• Visited March 2013