Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Older gentleman stopped us and filled in story points.

We were on a tour learning about this center when an older gentleman walked up, politely... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
TheArmenian
Helena, MT
Interesting but you need to spend time walking the whole block.

The museum itself is interesting but the amount of content is small. I believe there could be more... read more

Reviewed May 24, 2019
Davigeta
Saint Louis, Missouri

Recommended experiences in and around Boise
from $149.00
from $15.00
from $79.00
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews boarding house basque block next door cultural events sheep herding basque language rich history basque area their lives interesting visit great pictures guided tour self guided boise area basques baroque immigrants
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2018

We visited on a rainy morning and found the experience very educational. We had traveled recently to the Basque region of Spain so it was good to put that travel learning together with this museum’s history of the Basques locally.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 15, 2018

Very lovely, smallish basque neighborhood, with museums and beautiful architecture. We stopped at Bar Gernika for a tasty meal, including croquettes and draft cider. Excellent food, and the friendliest service!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018

We are not Basque, however, find the history and food of the Basque immigrants wonderful! The museum is very well presented and the staff are very nice. The tour of the boarding house was especially interesting!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Pattyjo98
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I’ve seen a few people say that going into the boarding house is like going into a family home. Well for me and my family... it is! The boarding house was run by my great-great-grandparents. My family makes it a point to visit the boarding house anytime we are in Boise (we tend to do self-guided tours since we are the family, but we also do love the guided tours!). It’s amazing to see the faces of my family on the walls, to hear their stories and even their voices (my great-grandmother Serafina is one of the recorded voices in the kitchen). The museum does an amazing job honoring their legacy, while also being general enough to tell the story of many Basques. I highly, HIGHLY recommend that you visit here. Please step into history and see what life was like, and experience all this center has to offer!

-A decendent of the Uberuaga’s/Mendiguren’s

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank Echo M
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I came by during a wedding reception. It was fun to walk in and be greeted by the family of the bride and groom.

Date of experience: November 2017