“Average”

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
“Average”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here for a conference in downtown Boise. We choose to be away from downtown to be away from the crowds, but it didn't work out that way. The first morning going down to breakfast we were overwhelmed with teenagers swarming all over the buffet. There was buses of students staying at the hotel, which meant breakfast was a challenge and all the amenities where over used. We were hoping to have a relaxing evening at the spa, but that never happen. The room was nice, could have been cleaner, especially the carpet. The room faced the highway, so you would think that the windows would be sound proof, but they weren't even double paned, very cold. We never heard other people in the hotel, so there was good sound proofing within the hotel, but we were also on the top floor. The staff was very nice overall, but having them take their smoking break outside the front entrance to the hotel probably not the best idea. Chances are we will never be back to Boise, Idaho but if we are we will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Orem, Utah
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a nice modern place. Nice room, not cramped. Comfy bed, newer flat screen TV. Micro wave, frig and coffee in the room. The breakfast was good and had a nice variety. The sitting area is extremely large and comfy and I appreciated the daily USA newspaper. There's a coffee shop and a fast food place you can walk to if you don't want to drive into town as this place is on the outskirts. The internet connection was good. My only problem with this place is at check-in I was told they needed to "scan" my drivers license. I had a long discussion with her about this and reminded her she already had my credit card. She told me it's the policy of the owner to scan everyone's license. In todays world where there is so much identify theft I have a problem with anyone having both my credit card info and a copy of my license. I don't mind them looking at it or even writting down the number but taking a copy of it is not acceptable to me. For this reason I won't be back.

Room Tip: I suggest you ask for a room NOT on the freeway side as it does get a bit noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dale K
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very nice, comfortable hotel. Offered a happy hour glass of wine and evening milk and freshly made cookies. Rooms were large and well maintained. Decent coffee shop nearby but drove the few minutes into town for dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Saint George
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice as you walk in, cookies, coffee, tea and milk. The front desk was friendly but did not get recognized us a Gold Crown member was a little disappointed and didn't get the surprise as we usually do. This was our second time here and would go back again but it is on the outskirts of Boise the only downfall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, Usa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Best Western Plus Northwest Lodge as a whole is a nice place to stay. Unfortunately, they did a terrible job on keeping ALL walking paths clean because as I was walking to my vehicle, I slipped on ice on one of their paths which has resulted in a broken ankle! I am still waiting to find out if I will have to have surgery but the fracture is severe enough that I will not be able to go anywhere for at least 2 months. I will probably consider staying at this location again during the dryer months of the year but will not consider it staying there in the winter again. In fact, on the way back home, I stayed somewhere else because I didn't want to break the other ankle!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with awesome lodge decor. Beds are very comfortable and rooms clean. Probably one of the best Plus hotels I have stayed in this year. To bad we only had one night here, will stay again in the future. Only down side is the lack of dining in the area.

• Stayed January 2013