“Pleasantly surprised!!”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Pleasantly surprised!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have driven by here at least 20 times and kept meaning to stop, finally made it in the other day for lunch. I ordered the Sesame chicken, and also got a Monster roll. The Sesame chicken was excellent. Small chunks of chicken perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The sauce it was swimming in was tasty, lightly sweet, a delicious compliment to the perfectly prepared chicken. Some of the best Sesame chicken I have ever had, and there was a lot of it. Generous portion that came along with a big bowl of perfectly cooked steamed rice. The Monster Roll was pretty good, I don't want to comment too much on it, I have had a lot of high quality sushi so I am a bit ruined in that regard. For a place that isn't specializing in sushi it was just fine, they did a great job.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank BubbaWatson

Boise, Idaho
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I live nearby and have driven by hundreds of times. We have talked many times about trying the sushi, and I am glad we did!

Our service was excellent. Our server was very knowledgable about the sushi rolls, he is actually an understudy of the sushi chef, learning to become one himself.

Value for the food was perfect, the hot tea is unique and very good, I highly recommend trying it.

1 Thank Flyingmiked
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Not Just Sushi”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was invited to this restaurant by a friend from Taiwan, while I was visiting the Boise area. We did not try the sushi as much of the menu seemed to be various Chinese dishes. We tried 3 or 4 different ones and we were not disappointed by any of them.

Would definitely go again, but having done a lot of travel (and being located very close to a Chinatown district), am very hesitant to try the sushi. Though, I have heard very good things about the sushi from this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Joshua D
Salt Lake City, Utah
“More than Sushi”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant offers Japanese and Chinese food with an extensive offering of both cuisines. The Chinese items we ordered, Spicy Chicken and General Tso's Chicken, were very good and the servings quite generous. One entree is plenty for 2 people. The eggrolls were delicious. We will stop in again next time we are in Boise and have Sushi.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank sandyagan
Boise, Idaho
“First class food and dining establishment!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

First visit to Sushi Joy today with college age daughter who knows her sushi! While not overly impressed with the exterior, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean and tastefully decorated the restaurant was. My daughter raved about the food and I totally agreed with her. Beautifully presented, thoughtful waitress, and exceeded expectations on flavor! How lucky was are to have this Gem in the Gem State! FIVE stars from both of us :)

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Cathie M

Been to Sushi Joy? Share your experiences!