“Not Too Bad”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I dined here before a hockey game. I had the Shrimp Tempura which I didn't like too much. It was bland and made with Panko Bread Crumbs which I don't like. My husband had the Sesame Chicken, which was great. The restaurant was dead, but the service was great. Really nice people.

There are newer reviews for Sushi Joy

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I travel all over the US and we always find a sushi place to try. I am so glad we found this place!! We ate there at least twice a week. Our service was excellent every single time. We had our 3 month old baby with us and they would always come over to us and talk to him. Kiss The Fire (I think that is what it's called) was soooooo good. Green Mountain was our other favorite. Definitely try this place. We tried the all you can eat place down the road and I much rather pay extra for Sushi Joy!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went with my husband for lunch. We were planning on getting sushi...but, upon seeing the menu decided we would also get a Chinese dish. We were not sure how well a restaurant with do both Chinese and Japanese. I have to say....we were quite impressed with both. Chinese lunch special was Mongolian Beef (excellent) and Sweet and Sour Pork (very good). Sushi was fresh and well prepared. Not too much rice as I sometimes find here in Boise. Overall...worth the trip downtown. We are not having a whole lot of luck with sushi in Boise and will definitely go back to Sushi Joy again. Service was great.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I travel quite a bit, and my first restaurant choice when I'm out of town is sushi. In the case of my trip to Boise, sushi was a two minute walk from the hotel. Score! When I walked into the establishment mere seconds after leaving my room, I was greeted with smiles by the cheerful hostess, and was made to feel at home. I'm pretty skeptical, but the place had a good vibe, and happy staff makes a huge difference.
I ordered seaweed salad, edamame, and a crispy eel roll. Everything was top notch. The salad was fresh, cold, and had all the classic flavor I expected. The eel roll was a little different (style-wise) than I've previously had elsewhere, but that's not a bad thing. In fact, it was great.
I live and die by the reviews of the TripAdvisor community, and the Sushi Joy certainly deserves the high marks. If I come back to Boise, I'll make every effort to visit Sushi Joy.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sushi has the best Chinese Food in Boise. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We usually order take out and one entree is enough for 2.

Been to Sushi Joy? Share your experiences!