“Awesome food...slow service”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have enjoyed dinner here twice so far. Each time my steak was prepared perfectly. The atmosphere is nice...perfect for a somewhat casual or more formal dinner. My only negative side is the hostess station confusion each time I arrived. I made reservations each time. There were almost too many people trying to help at the station. The other downside was the slow service. It seemed to take 15-20 min just to get noticed that we had been seated. I like to enjoy a nice dinner, but it takes a couple hours to get through here even on a slow night. I will go back for the food none the less.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

There was really nothing about this place I didn't like. Good original cocktail with the Idaho Huckleberry Cosmo, melt in your mouth steak, and create your own table-side salad with the traveling salad wagon. It's a pretty small place, quiet and clean. I would definitely go back, especially since on your way out you get muffins for the next morning as their way of saying thank you. I don't really need more encouragement than that.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Four of us dinned on the Saturday before Christmas. It was busy but not packed. I noticed some similar trends on this visit as the first. It take them forever to ged the food out to the table following the salad, the wait staff is just not attentive to what is needed or clearing the plates. dinner was ok. My Husband's lamb acme out med rare, not medium. My friends lamb was raw in the middle and was sent back. Given the lighting in the place, either you don't have light or you do. Overall, very disappointed,

1  Thank Piper0127
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have been here a couple of times on travels through Boise. The food is well prepared, well presented and tasty. What else do you need? The wine list is adequate and prices fair. Every time I have been there, there is a piano player. Tonight, a young man, well prepared, played contemporary music and was quite good and lively. If you are looking for a great evening out, a date, by yourself or for business consider the brickyard.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We needed to go early, so there were few other patrons in the place - nice and quiet. The pianist was great - we liked his selections. The table side salad chef is a fun little kick. I got the grilled prawns - a tiny bit more pepper than I needed but still quite fine. The peanut butter mashed potatoes were a surprise and I really liked them. My spouse got the salmon and was pleased to find it seared and grilled just right. The huckleberry cobbler had a hint of orange - nice touch. Then the take home muffins - what a great idea. We liked this place and will be back.