“We arrived late and were well taken care of”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I don't give a lot of excellent ratings but this Hampton definitely deserved it. We were on our family road trip headed home and were having trouble finding a hotel that wasn't booked I guess Boise was having a big softball tournament and everywhere we called was full. My wife waited on hold with the manager who was very busy and it sounded like taking care of more than she should have that night. It didn't change the way she treated us. We were treated like we were the most important guests there that night. We were traveling with two kids 5 and 7 and it made everything seamless. After we had checked in I realized that I hadn't given my member card with Hilton. I went down to add the points and she had a little bag of candy for my kids and wife. Wow she really went well above what I would consider her job to make our night perfect. She deserves a big raise. I was so impressed and would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pixtonian
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This Hampton Inn is probably the most beautiful I have ever stayed at. Upon walking into the lobby, I felt as if I was walking into a luxurious hotel. That feeling continued when we walked into our room. The hotel was conveniently located near a lot of amenities, such as a movie theater and restaurants. We only stayed one night, but it seemed like a good place to stay multiple nights.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Traveling home from Seattle to Durango. This was a good stop. Hampton quality but a cut above as Hampton bought it three years ago from Amerinn sp? (I believe). A little fancier but the predictable Hampton quality. Clean everything, decent towels, breakfast. Loved it. It is not downtown but right off the express way so perfect for travelers.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The bed was very comfortable and fresh linens. Did not smell like a hotel. Linens were soft, vs stiff and pillows were soft but firm, like they were new. We were near the interstate but with the windows closed, you heard no noise. Able to close curtains and get room very dark so we could sleep in. Check out time was 1200, which we loved so we didn't feel like we were in a rush.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very nicely located property. Lots to do within walking distance. Beautiful lobby and the grounds are well landscaped. Rooms were very nice. From there not so much. Housekeeping service was terrible. When contacting the front desk I was told it was the policy not to actually clean the room for continuing guests! What? There was left over coffee in a cup on the desk that they said was the guests responsibility to throw out. Counter tops were left with trash on them. Did not remake the sofa bed...I mean come on. Also there was a plumbing issue and when notified the Front Desk said they would send an engineer to address the problem. After returning three hours later there was no addressing the issue. After contacting the front desk again, they said they forgot which room it was. Their remedy was two movie tickets. You are kidding right? Nice. But when the survey arrives from Hilton its not going to be pretty!

Additionally, there are some serious issues with the breakfast staff and their Health and Sanitation violations. During a rather tasteless breakfast on day two we witnessed the staff clean a mess on the floor with a wash towel and her foot and then return to the food surface to continue cleaning. Again the same lady, who was wearing food handler gloves took out the trash but before she left with the bag she tidied up the bread and pastry stations, rearranging items with the gloved hands she was working the trash with. GROSS....

Room Tip: Eat at the Cracker Barrel next door. You won't get as sick from the horrible food handling pract...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 75JacksFan
Gary H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to express you concerns and what you experienced as a guest at my hotel.

I spoke with my Assistant Manager in these regards, and we have a call arranged with you today at 4 P.M. to discuss your experience.

I take the issues you mentioned VERY serious and I can assure you that I will address each one of them with my staff. We are ranked in the top 15 Hampton Inn & Suites in the country and we owe that level of service to our guests.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Front Desk staff is very friendly and accommodating, and see to all your requests promptly. Rooms are very nice for the price, but unfortunately the Breakfast room staff are very rude and make you feel unwelcome when you go in there...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We always stay at the Hampton Inn in Boise whenever we are in town. Great hotel with great proximity to restaurants and movie theater. The Cracker Barrel nextdoor is always a plus and a pleasure. The breakfast at the hotel is very adequate and the breakfast room expansive, more so than other hotels we have been at, and coffee is always available.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travelers also viewed these Boise hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Boise Spectrum
Oxford Suites Boise
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boise
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square
The Riverside Hotel
The Riverside Hotel
#8 of 58 in Boise

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum

Address: 7499 W Overland Rd, Boise, ID 83709-1653 (Formerly Ameritel Inn Boise Spectrum)
Location: United States > Idaho > Boise
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Romantic Hotel in Boise
#5 Business Hotel in Boise
#5 Family Hotel in Boise
Price Range: $115 - $225 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum Hotel Boise