“room smelled like smoke”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Boise, United States
“room smelled like smoke”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Everything was great about the room, except we were in a non-smoking room that smelled of smoke. Reported it to front desk who put a ionized (?) in room to take the smoke out, but it didn't work. Once someone smokes in a room, it is hard to get the smell out. No one followed up with us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We apologize that the room you received smelled of smoke. While we are a 100% non-smoking hotel, unfortunately some guests choose not to follow that rule. We do everything possible to make the room fresh and clean for your guests. Thank you for your feedback.
Kelly Parziale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Eugene, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was gigantic for the price. I have stayed in smaller suites. Everything was clean and I have no complaints whatsoever. It is even within walking distance to several restaurants and a movie theater.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank John T
We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and wrote a nice review. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us.

san diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I got food poisoning about 200 miles from this hotel on my way in. Obviously it was not a fun drive. We spent an extra night here before moving on with our road trip so I could recuperate. As soon as I hit the bed I felt better. Everything was comfortable and clean. The free breakfast was good. I will stay there next year when I'm back in the area. The big Movie Theater next door was nice too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello, I remember speaking with your wife about your illness. I'm so pleased that you were able to rest and recover while with us. Thanks for writing a nice review about us. We hope to see you again, when you are feeling 100%.
Capitola, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We didn't arrive until 2am and we appreciated when the front desk gave us a late check out to finish our laundry. The rooms, hallways and lobby/dining areas were either new or well maintained. The hotel is very close to a Costco as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I am very pleased that my staff took care of your needs by extending your check out time. We strive to accommodate all your needs. Thanks for your remarks and kind words about your stay, we hope you return again soon.
Plover, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am a HH Diamond member and stay in a variety of HIlton properties several times a year. This was my first stay at this property. I normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street but decided to give this property a try. I arrived at 11:30 a.m. The gentleman at the front desk politely informed me that my room wasn't ready (very understandable) and that I was welcome to use the Business Center. They provided me with an access code for Internet and said they would let me know as soon as my room was ready. Within an hour the clerk delivered my rooms keys to me saying the room was ready. They obviously gave me some priority knowing I was waiting to check in which was much appreciated.

I had a room with a balcony. Room itself was clean and comfortable. It was nice to be able to go out on the balcony for some air. Room well soundproofed.

The breakfast was excellent. Scrambled eggs with ham, bacon, and the usual assortment of cereal, bread, juices, and coffee.

The Spectrum area has several restaurants walking distance from the hotel.

I will definately return and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
First, thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for giving our property a try! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you also, for the nice review and kind words about our staff. I hope that we have converted you to our "side of the street". We welcome your return visit!
Covington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lobby was nicely decorated and looked clean. Saw motorcycles parked overnight, which made us feel that our SUV was safe while we stayed at the hotel. Really comfortable beds, lots of room, very restful after driving for 9 hours. Room was nicely decorated and clean. Other than some car traffic, the hotel itself was quiet and peaceful. Food selection at breakfast was reasonable and healthy. Wish we had time to stay another night and swim in the pool and soak in the hot tub, it looked inviting, too. We will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Spectrum, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We would love to have you back again with us real soon. Thanks for the response and feedback. We're so glad that you enjoyed all of our ammenties.

ft. collins, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hampton Inn's are always very nice and roomy. It was the case this time, however the downgrade to paper cups was disappointing. They can only be used once as the seam starts to leak. The table on the balcony had dried food on it. The bed and the bedding was fabulous and we slept well. The room got very cold, and we were very comfortable. Breakfast was good and substantial. We would stay again. Enough restaurants around facility to keep everyone happy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response about your stay. I certainly apologize for your room not being cleaned to our typical high standards, the tables outside should be as clean as the inside. As for the papercups, that is a Hampton brand requirement, they are bio-degradable and eco-friendly. We appreicate your feedback and loyalty to Hampton Inns and value your business.