“Great casual family owned seafood place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fresh Off the Hook

Fresh Off the Hook
Ranked #72 of 789 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Great casual family owned seafood place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the outside turn you away. (It's in a nice strip mall area). Very friendly, terrific food and reasonable prices. I had blackened cod tacos and my wife had the salmon sandwich and salad. Both were delicious! Have not had dinner there but have heard friends rave about it. A business associate from out of town also loves it.

Eagle, Idaho
“Horrible Service, will not return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were excited to have dinner here. It was recommended to us. We were so disappointed in the service. It took over 5 minutes for our drinks (3 sodas and a beer) to come to our table. We ordered dinner with salads. Nothing was brought to our table for 20 minutes. The salads arrived and within the next minute our entree's arrived. Horrible timing. The food was OK, nothing special. My husband and one of our friends had baked halibut that was too dry. I had the warm seafood salad which was good. However I had asked for the fat free Italian dressing and was brought the fat free raspberry. I did not say anything because I was concerned as to how long it would take for her to bring it. I am so sad that we had this experience as there were other things on the menu I would like to have tried in the future. Guess not.

• Visited February 2013
Boise, Idaho
“The daily special is off the hook!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

A bit expensive for lunch, but the daily special lured me in and didn't disappoint! Ended up having a salmon fillet over rice pilaf with a bruschetta over the top. Very tasty!

Visited December 2012
Ketchum, ID
“Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lunch was very good, salmon and chips, clam chowder and bruschetta. Reasonably priced, nice waitress, minimal decor (No rubber crabs). I want to return to try the fish tacos...

• Visited January 2013
“Best Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Love the fresh seafood dishes. Love to get fresh grilled oysters or salmon and chips. Always excellent service and food. Soups are great, too. Hot Topped seasfood salad is one of my favorites. A touch of complimentary sherbet finished off the meal.

Visited January 2013

Been to Fresh Off the Hook? Share your experiences!