“Everything You Want to Know About IDAHO!”

Idaho Historical Museum
Ranked #44 of 130 things to do in Boise
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a terrific museum centrally located in Boise at the Julia Davis Park on the river. It is so well-done and we really enjoyed our tour of it. We learned so much and the pioneer village outside is really interesting. I would definitely take your family there or go like my hubby and I did on our anniversary trip. We really are glad we stopped in and took a look around. It is fabulous.

1  Thank beachbird123
There are newer reviews for Idaho Historical Museum

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If it had just been just the permanent exhibits, this would have been a quick, but interesting tour. They have very nice things here, like whole Victorian rooms on display. While we were visiting, however, they also had an extensive display of the 100 best things about Idaho (or something like that) with many, many thing s to look at and lots and lots of signage to read. One got a bit glassy eyed after a while but it was fascinating until then. They have a small but very nice gift shop too.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The "Essential Idaho" display which runs through the rest of 2013 is one of the best museum displays I have ever seen. I am really interested in Idaho history and this display included a lot of info I had never seen before. The stuff I did know was well and entertainingly presented. The rest of the museum was kind of dated and average, so I don't know if this will be as recommendable after "Essential Idaho" goes off display. Also, they sell plush dolls of their two-headed calf ("Deja Moo") so that is something to look forward to.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I thought this museum was very well put together. The displays flowed well, the narratives were good, and the quality of the facility, displays, and artifacts was top notch. I was surprised at the quality of the museum, and would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Chock full of information & history in a deceivingly small bldg. Loved the Sacajawea statue with Pomp out front. Great exhibits of Native Americans of the area & Lewis & Clark expedition!

Been to Idaho Historical Museum? Share your experiences!