“150 year overview”

Idaho Historical Museum
Ranked #44 of 130 things to do in Boise
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The special display of the 150 years of Idaho history was complete and very well done. That alone is worth a trip to the museum.

There are newer reviews for Idaho Historical Museum

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I love museums and I love history but I was still really surprised how much I enjoy this museum. They had quite a variety of topics; geology (would have liked more of that), Native Americans (needed more time as it was fairly extensive), pioneer life, as well as Basque and Chinese and other immigrants. Much more than you see sometimes for a small city, it was a very impressive Museum. Loved the special Boise 150 exhibit. I brought my mother who uses a walker and it was very easy to get around and use the elevator between floors. We took 2 hours but really needed 3.

1  Thank Kari D
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We came for an afternoon visit on a Saturday. As a kid I loved this museum for the saloon area, and the two headed calf--it's still there! The old familiar exhibits looked better than ever and the new "Essential Idaho" exhibit was really interesting. What a great way to spend an hour or two!

1  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I knew Boise and Idaho had a colorful past, but this trip was awesome. We will visit again during the week when school is still in session.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you want to learn about the history of Idaho and its cultural diversity, this is the place. Well-designed exhibits take you from prehistoric times to the present.

Been to Idaho Historical Museum? Share your experiences!